1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Gary Graley

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by wando, May 23, 2019.

1. wando

wando Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Gary is a great seller. Great communication and fast shipping.
    Thanks,
    David

2. WValtakis

WValtakis Gold Member Gold Member

May 29, 2004
    We should just get Gary a sticky already;)

~Chip

marcus52AR, jmh33, JJ_Colt45 and 6 others like this.
  3. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    I would have to agree, his leather work is top notch, packing on purchases well is an adventure in how it should be done, communication perfect and all in all always a pleasure!:)

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  4. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

Ray

5. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Very kind of you guys to say so and of course it takes two to make a great transaction and David was also very good on this one as well !
    Thanks again sir!
    G2

6. MonksMusic

MonksMusic

Apr 24, 2017
    I never post ... yet I will do so to second, third and fourth the accolades. Gary is a fantastic leather worker and a great person.

JJ_Colt45, Mike157, WValtakis and 2 others like this.
  7. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    I keep hoping I'll open up a post to see when Gary screwed up. Making him human.... :confused: :p :thumbsup:

Not this time. Not never! :)

8. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    LoL thanks Coop, must be all that squinting through the camera lens has you looking for things that aren't there :) wish I was able to make it to the Blade Show this year but funds are never there to cover the trip it seems. I look forward to your captures from that show every year sir!
    G2

woodysone and JJ_Colt45 like this.
  9. Win Heger

Win Heger Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2000
    G2 is one of my oldest knife buddies and a personal friend, none better.

10. fewpop

fewpop Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Gary is one of the best for sure. A friend & a true gentleman. He truly walks the talk of the Golden Rule. :thumbsup:

woodysone and Gary W. Graley like this.
  11. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Thanks guys and Win, one of these days I gotta get out there and see that fabulous world you moved to, stunned by the scenic calendars that you produce and look for to them every year!
    G2

cigarrodog likes this.
  12. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    My praise of Gary starts with his sterling character. He’s one of the most honest people I know, as well as the most likable. He’s kind of like an Eagle Scout. The next reason to praise him is that not only do you get a knife or a gadget, but he is knowledgeable about the item he is selling. Through his knowledge, pickiness, and professional skill set, he will make the knife better, sharper, and smoother then when it came from the factory. Not to mention his custom slip cases and beads. I know this, because I have started a small collection(lol) of his knives. He also has fixed and sharpened some older cherished knives that needed rescuing. Finally, you always get a custom package that is easy to open.

WValtakis and Gary W. Graley like this.
  13. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Thanks Harvey, my pleasure, always glad to help where I can.
    G2

cigarrodog likes this.
  14. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    Gary doesn't screw up the important things, but his profile picture's a little dated :)

15. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Lol, livin' in the past, still remember when I had darker hair...and a little more hair, one day I'll update it, but it reminds me of one of the last times I got to see my mom, it was a good day...
    G2

woodysone, marcus52AR and WValtakis like this.
  16. marcus52AR

marcus52AR Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2014
    G2 :thumbsup:×2

17. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp The Looking Edge Sharpening Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 30, 2016
    I have it on good authority that @Gary W. Graley has an extreme hatred of children who eat Tootsie Rolls. In those instances when faced with an underaged Tootsie Roll consumer he's been known to shout at them, claiming the superiority of Bit-O-Honey as justification. Sometimes he even goes so far as to empty a can of hairspray into the air; an act of unbridled hatred toward the young Tootsie Roll enthusiast. Further cementing the climate challenges that await them in the future.

Other than that insane behavior though he does seem to be a genuinely good dude and an asset to the forums for sure. :D

18. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Well, they bring it on themselves, what else am I to do?
    :)
    G2

woodysone likes this.
  19. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    The man has an entire thread named after him. The rest of us can only aspire :rolleyes:

To be fair, the TR issues arose when he found melted TR(s) in the leather seats of his Bentley after an otherwise great day at the ball field with his grandkids and 3 of their friends. We mere mortals would be similarly incensed.
    Just sayin' ;)

Ray

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  20. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Tell me about it, and the Bentley dealership are not the most understanding folks to work with, very frustrating to say the least, the stain is almost all gone, but the lingering sweet smell of TR still remains to this day, sad really ;)
    G2

(all in jest of course, the Bentley is fine, well, the one in my imagination at least, in real life the Sonata is a bit dated and lightly stained)

WValtakis, RayseM and woodysone like this.