1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

GEC 14, 12, 97

Discussion in 'For Sale: Traditionals, Slipjoints, "Old Timey"' started by Pàdruig, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Good day, BladeForums.

I have a number of nice, unused GECs up for grabs. This is from the recent run of 14s, 97s, and 12s.

The prices includes knife and USPS Priority shipping w/Insurance. What you see is what you pay. PayPal (via Goods & Services only).

Though I reserve the right to sell to whom I wish, the typical unwritten rules apply: First to say "I'll take it" either here in this thread or via PM, gets it.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, thoughts, and/or concerns, I will be happy to address them.

First up:
    • GEC 141218
    • Northfield trim
    • 2 Blades (Clip main, pen secondary)
    • Antique Yellow Jigged Bone covers
    • UN-X-LD Shield
    • Price: $115 $100 (OBRO)
    Condition:
    Knife is new and comes with tube and original wax paper. It has not been carried, used, or sharpened but has been fondled a bit for inspection and pictures. The main blade has a terrific pull and snap, very crisp. The secondary, though not weak, is a bit "squishier". I have not flushed it but I suspect it would benefit from having it done. Both blades are centered and the F&F is quite nice, no flaws that are apparent to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second One:

• GEC 128119
      • Tidioute trim
      • Blade (Muskrat clip)
      • Che Chen Rosewood covers
      • Serpentine Shield
      • Satin finish
      • Price: $80
    Condition:
    Knife is new and comes with tube and original wax paper. It has not been carried, used, or sharpened but has been fondled a bit for inspection and pictures. The blade has a terrific pull and action, very smooth and snappy, easily the best action out of all of the 12s that I have acquired so far. The bolsters have some swirls/scuffs which is a symptom of the satin finish. You can practically look at it and it will get marked, the main reason I am letting this one go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Third one:
    • GEC 976119
    • Northfieldtrim
    • 1 Blade (Large clip with saber grind)
    • Ebony covers
    • Cloud (keyhole) Shield
    • Price: $100 SOLD
    Condition:
    Knife is new and comes with tube and original wax paper. It has not been carried, used, or sharpened but has been fondled a bit for inspection and pictures. The blade, arguably on the light side, still has a terrific action, very smooth and satisfying (in my opinion of course). The Ebony is very dark but you can see some color in sunlight. This is a very nice knife, easily one of the nicest I have seen GEC produce. I just can't find a use for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  2. Brian.Evans

Brian.Evans Registered Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Can it be pinched open on the main blade?

3. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    In its current state, I would say no, at least I am not able to pinch it open. It is possible that it might be able to be pinched with some patina on the main blade. I've experienced this on my 2 blade 77 but that is a much larger knife.

4. Brian.Evans

Brian.Evans Registered Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Thank you. Need a pinchable, probably have to get a single blade. GLWS. Beautiful knife.

5. Pàdruig

Dec 1, 2016
    Thank you, my friend. If it helps any for your search, the single blade 14 that I have from the recent run is indeed pinchable for me without any patina.

6. 8-Fingers

8-Fingers Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 21, 2017
    PM sent!

Payment sent for GEC 97

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019