1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

GEC #77 Medium Barlow Impressions

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knifeswapper, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Getting exciting now!!
    Elderberry Camel bone.
    [​IMG]

2. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    Which model did you guys order?

tmd_87 likes this.
  3. Mitt

Mitt

Aug 31, 2017
    I ordered the red saw cut

tmd_87 likes this.
  4. Squidman24

Squidman24 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2015
    Me too

Travman and tmd_87 like this.
  5. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I also received my shipping notice for my AB.

Travman, mrknife, cigarrodog and 3 others like this.
  6. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    I went with AB. My “rationale” ; have a copperhead sawcut and blood red jigged bone from a run years ago. Don’t have wood covers, so AB was my natural choice. Pics for illustration ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If i’m Lucky enough to get a shot at another run I’ll be watching for micarta.

7. nyrico

nyrico Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Big thanks to Mike. I thought for sure that we would have to wait a while to get these knives with all of the work he had to do emailing separate groups etc.. I figured I would see something end of next week and was fine with that, got my shipping notification and I should have her in hand Monday, thank you

KnifeandEasy and tmd_87 like this.
  8. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Here is an oldie that unfortunately got away from me. As Forrest says, "Stupid is as stupid does!" :(

Spear77barlow.jpg

Travman, L.H.S, jkwithawave and 19 others like this.
  9. mb>

mb> Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Wow! I feel your pain. What flavor are those covers?

10. pistonsandgears

pistonsandgears Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Yep I had this one that I ended up letting get away. Sure was pretty. Come to think of it I think thats how it got away, it was so pretty I couldn't bring myself to put it to work. :(
    [​IMG]

11. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Smooth Autumn Gold Bone, beautiful stuff!

mb> likes this.
  12. pistonsandgears

pistonsandgears Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2011
    This one among others has not escaped.
    [​IMG]

Travman, L.H.S, jkwithawave and 16 others like this.
  13. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    The best smooth autumn gold bone ever!... has a transulecence that gives them depth that has not been done on any other SAG bone.

14. knifethetank

knifethetank Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2018
    That smooth autumn gold bone is definitely nice but your saw cut is real sweet and it looks like 2 full blades. It’s hard enough to get a 77 Barlow with 1 or 2 blades and even harder to get or find 2 full blades. I don’t have a 77 Barlow with 2 full blades, good for you for keeping it, I sure would.

15. bax229

bax229 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 7, 2016
    I agree...love that pattern!

Jak3 likes this.
  16. lans8939

lans8939 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 20, 2016
    I’ve posted this before but it’s one of my favorites and it’s a user to boot!

08502955-A3BC-45CC-80B0-88C632189578.jpeg 09748409-E5A3-41F0-A45A-B55A4A1FD026.jpeg

bbk357, Travman, jkwithawave and 14 others like this.
  17. AnW

AnW Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2019
    lans8939 likes this.
  18. Mitt

Mitt

Aug 31, 2017
    Thought I would help balance out all the bone covers that have been posted. I love how light brings out the grain in dark colored ironwood.
    [​IMG]

19. Boxer .45

Boxer .45

Jan 11, 2015
    Holy smokes! Its a little dark but it really pops that grain. I'd love to see more in wood.

Travman and TFBraden like this.
  20. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    I think that those were and are the finest covers that they ever mistakenly made and probably can not make again . Smooth Autumn Gold ????

Harry

shadowram and cbr1000 like this.