1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

GEC 86 Waynorth Single Blade & Le Thiers Compact by Chambriard - PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Traditionals, Slipjoints, "Old Timey"' started by JTB_5, Mar 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    I'm still trying to make a sale to pay for a Saddleback bag. Since the La Combres weren't exciting anybody, I'll have to try something else. Here's a couple of really good users that I hate to part with, but the bag will be more useful than the knife (since I have a few more of those ;)).

I bought this knife brand new and sent it to Jason Ritchie @Signalprick for a blade delete. It is a really fine user now for those who prefer single blade jacks (like me). Great walk and talk, perfectly centered, and really nice grain on the ebony wood covers. I've used it to cut food and I've kept the edge keen with a honing rod. Other than that it is in pristine with a nice patina that you can keep, polish off yourself, or, if you prefer, I can flitz it off for you before I send it.

I have $220 in this knife, but I have used it, so $200 SOLD seems fair, and will be less than you're likely to get for a brand new single blade (or double, for that matter) version on the secondary. You can pay PayPal G&S (F&F if you want to save me a couple of bucks)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Up next is a 2002 Le Thiers Compact by Chambriard in snakewood with really nice file work on the back spring. This one was a recovery project that I took up. The blade had been badly scratched and the handle and bolsters were rough. I ground the blade evenly with my belt sander and then did a polishing pattern on the flats with my 1000 and 1200 King water stones and I gave it a very keen and polished edge with the 1000, 1200, and 6000 grit stones. I also cleaned up the bolsters and snakewood scales with 400 and 600 grits sandpaper and some Renwax. I've oiled the joints and the action on the cam tang is nice and smooth now. This one should not be thwacked closed as there is no stop pin or extended tang. You just have to be nice and gentlemanly on this gentleman's folder. I've seen these for sale between 89 and 105 Euros brand new ($96 - $113), but you can have this extremely sharp user for $75 SOLD! Paypal G&S (or F&F if you want to save me a couple of bucks). Edit: Upon inquiry I discovered that there is very slight side-to-side play on the blade. It isn't noticeable during use, but only when I try and move the blade at the very tip with pretty stiff pressure.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  2. ivonrei

ivonrei Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2018
    Please email me if you are open to offers on the 86. It won't let me PM you

ivonrei22 at gmail.com

3. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    Email sent.

4. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    86 is still available.

5. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    Chambriard is still available. Check original description for an edit.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  6. BOHAWG

BOHAWG Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 11, 2012
    I'll Take the 86

Signalprick likes this.
  7. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    It is yours. Sending PP info via PM.

8. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    Waynorth 86 is Sold.

9. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    All sold! Thanks Bladeforums.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  10. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Thanks sir on the Le Thiers
    G2

JTB_5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.