1. Washington action alert - Spring blade knife ban repeal thread. Hearing is Tues, Vote is Friday, let your voice be heard!

GEC IS MAKING TRAPPER KNIVES IN 2020.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Onearmbladenut, Nov 20, 2019.

1. KellyGlanzer

KellyGlanzer Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2005
    Oh My Charlie, this 720113LB is absolutely gorgeous. I think im in love....
    720113LB.jpg

2. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Thanks for bringing it over from the previous page, Kelly!!:thumbsup: They turn so fast, stuff gets lost!!:eek:

Here's one I took in trade so long ago, I can't remember when. It was before Bill put numbers on the knives, but I think it would be called a #735107??o_O Can anyone confirm that??
    A 2007 NKCA youth knife with two shields, flush and square joints!!:cool:
    NKCA Youthknife 1.jpg

3. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    A 721110LB in a deep Ruby Red!! This would make a nice carry over the Holidays!!;) Maybe??:rolleyes:
    This one has a PPP on the back! Wonder why?? First clip blade or something?? Have to look it up!!
    Not a trapper collector, I just picked them up when I liked them! Gotta change my ways, now that I am retired! Money doesn't come in like it used to!! This is a nice GEC!!!:) 721110LB red 1.jpg

4. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    That's a beautiful lockback knife. :cool::thumbsup:

waynorth likes this.
  5. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Thanks John!!:thumbsup::cool:

JohnDF likes this.
  6. Babalu32

Babalu32

Jan 4, 2018
    Twizzler red :)

JohnDF, tmd_87, wlfryjr and 1 other person like this.
  7. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    :D:D:D

tmd_87 likes this.
  8. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    The grain on that Ram’s horn is gorgeous! I understand why they don’t use horn anymore, but man is it some nice looking stuff!

waynorth likes this.
  9. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    This picture isn't even close to all of them that have been produced!! The company could almost change its name from GEC to GET!!!:D
    They have made many sizes of Trapper with numerous handles!!:eek: If you have one, or some, please post it/them!!!:)
    More comps 1.jpg

10. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    @waynorth The one second from bottom has fantastic bone Charlie:thumbsup::cool: Is that Horsecut Bone?

Regards, Will

Onearmbladenut likes this.
  11. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Yes, It's Horsecut Bone! I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me!!:)
    Bright colors are nice, but dark and subtle is cool!!:cool:

Onearmbladenut, tmd_87 and Will Power like this.
  12. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Nice trapper "you-can't-lose-it" Yellow bone, slim Muskrat Clip and Half-Stops (my prejudice)!
    What's not to like??:)
    Yellow Rose 74 A.jpg

13. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Per your request @waynorth

74's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    73 & 43 Stag
    [​IMG]
    83's
    [​IMG]
    73's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Left Handed 73
    [​IMG]
    72 & 72 & 73 & 73 & 74 & 83 & 83 Old Composite photo
    [​IMG]

Harry

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  14. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    You are the Trapper King, Harry!!:thumbsup: Nice gathering!!:)

Old Engineer likes this.
  15. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    Pardon my ignorance blokes, but are these 23 two blade Trappers only available if you are a member of a particular club or will the same pattern get a general release as well. The Trapper is my favorite pattern and I’ve never had a GEC version so this may be right up my alley.

Travman likes this.
  16. gaj999

gaj999 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 25, 2004
    They'll be available to the public. But if it is a short run, the collectors will line up in advance and the run could be fully subscribed at release. If you really, really want one, get on a dealer's waiting list. Mike at Collectorknives has one that's popular and public. Some other dealers you have to contact them to get put on the list, but you have to know to do so.

jstrange likes this.
  17. gaj999

gaj999 Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 25, 2004
    I should also have said that some dealers don't do lists, but "drop" the knives at a certain time. Really popular knives can sell out in a matter of a minute or two, so you have to find out when the drop is happening and then be standing ready with a fast computer and a fast connection. It's a royal PITA, but if you want it badly enough, it's worth it. You'll also see them pop up on the exchange and on other aftermarket sales sites because people buy multiples, either through fear of missing out or to have a bunch to choose the best from, or to flip and make money. Sometimes they go(quickly) at a reasonable price and sometimes they sell for double, or more, than retail. Once again, you have to be on it and be lucky. Here's hoping that it's a normal-sized run so we won't have to stand on our heads to get one.

jstrange likes this.
  18. Sidehill Gouger

Sidehill Gouger

Dec 29, 2007
    So why not join the OKCA? They are good organization and deserve the support.

waynorth, gaj999 and Leslie Tomville like this.
  19. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Sometimes it's the largest Knife show in America!! It goes up and down a little, as far as number of tables goes!! But the best in the west, and the best support for members!!!
    This will be its 45th year!!:eek::)

Sidehill Gouger and Ramrodmb like this.
  20. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    I can't wait to see the OKCA club knife for 2020!!

Onearmbladenut likes this.