1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Giving Thanks GAW - GEC #13 American Whittler

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by pmek5, Nov 22, 2017.

1. 66sprint6

66sprint6

Jan 21, 2016
    Outside of seconding...thirding...onehundreding what everyone else is saying about this amazing place and the wonderful people who make it so, I am Thankful for my little family that is growing bigger and bigger as the years go on. Just spent the Thanksgiving weekend with most of them and it was eye opening in a great way. So easy to get stuck on the day to day grind so it was a nice reminder that there is so much more going on and so much more to look forward to!

Thanks for the chance, Ive never had a split back and if I win, and it doesnt tickle my knife fancy, I will find someone else to pass it on to who might enjoy it more!

Matt

neal70 and pmek5 like this.
  2. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 10, 2017
    I'm thankful I have enough posts to enter this GAW!

Kidding aside, I'm thankful I have a beautiful, healthy family.

Thanks for the opportunity, pmek5!

3. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I’m thankful for my wonderful family. My wife and daughter are a true blessing to me! Thanks for your generosity in offering this beautiful Whittler for some lucky person win!

4. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    I'm thankful for so many things; friends and family, the fact that I have a home, a job, and enough to eat. The fact that I've been fortunate enough to see a lot of this world. You know, life's been good, and when I look back at what my parents (and theirs) went through, I feel pretty lucky. It's funny how stuff like this becomes more important as I get older. I wish some of my luck on everyone.

pmek5 likes this.
  5. J_Curd

J_Curd Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Great GAW, thank you, Tim.

I am most thankful for my patient and sweet wife.

pmek5 likes this.
  6. Atepac

Atepac

Oct 17, 2017
    Not a regular (75 posts) just yet... been a member for a short time but love reading the input others have on every blade topic out there... it's a perfect break at work to surf on bladeforums and see if someone has responded to a post, added to one, liked something I have mentioned etc. Although I am thankful for so many things already mentioned I do appreciate this forum and the genuine members it holds. Cheers!

7. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Going to end this here. Be back soon with the winner.

8. pmek5

Jul 27, 2007
    OK, We have a winner - #9 - cbr1000
    Congrats!

Thank you everyone who participated, and it was a blessing to read all the thankful thanks.

[​IMG]

9. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Congratulations, @cbr1000! I just went back and read your entry. I am not sure how I missed it but I really hope the best for your son and that he pulls through whatever ails him. Enjoy your prize and here's to hoping for a brighter year!

Thank you, Tim, for a fine giveaway and giving everyone the opportunity to express their thanksgiving.

cbr1000, traumkommode and JaxBaron like this.
  10. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    +1! :thumbsup: You sure will appreciate this excellent knife! A great GAW!:)

11. traumkommode

traumkommode Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Wohoo! Have fun whittling, buddy!

12. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Congrats dude!

13. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Thank you for a nice GAW.

14. akaMatt

akaMatt Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 10, 2017
    Congrats to the winner!

And thanks for the opportunity at the knife! Great contest and content by all!

15. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013

Wurrwulf likes this.
  16. pmek5

Jul 27, 2007
    Cbr1000,
    I sent you an email. Was not able to PM you. My email is [email protected]
    Thanks

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  17. Titan

Titan

Jan 21, 1999
    Congrats for winning! And may your son live a healthy life!

Thanks, @pmek5 Tim, for this opportunity!

18. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Congrats cbr1000 and thanks again for the generosity Tim. May you and yours have a good holiday.

19. Vaporstang

Vaporstang Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Congrats cbr1000 and thanks for the generous GAW pmek5!