Glock Perfection Perfected

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by rnpollard, Apr 9, 2014.

1. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Or worse - white shorts with a low ride kydex....sssshhhhhiiiiivvvvvveeeeerrrrrrsssssss.

2. PCL

PCL

May 25, 2012
    I'm LMAO

3. Bowman1911

Bowman1911

Dec 12, 2010
    Can't wear shorts. The older I get the worse my "hot wad of double bubble, stuck to the bottom of a desk, on a hot day" goin' on... :eek::barf:

4. rnpollard

rnpollard

Dec 10, 2000
    Looks like my thread went off on a little tangent. If you do a little research you'll find that a majority of police departments in this country (65-70%) carry Glocks. The pistol may not be for you and that is fine, it is a free country.

To make statements like it isn't reliable just don't hold water. If you have a Glock that is not functioning properly the problem could be ammo, operator, maintenance and any other number of reasons. If it is the pistol a Glock Armorer can fix it in short order.

Back to the original subject... How about that snazzy little Glock

[​IMG]

5. sdemars

sdemars

Dec 22, 2009
    You guys are welcome for the entertainment I have so graciously provided . . . :)

As to the guy who frequents LOWES carrying open, I assume you do not look like the "dweeb in the white shorts" I saw. . . .

He did not look nor act like someone you want to see with any kind of weapon . . . .much less a GLOCK . . .

Thanks for the conversation . . .
    Steve

P.S. I will now remove my finger from the (anything but GLOCK) trigger guard until ready to fire . . . BTW, my wife does follow that rule with HER GLOCK . . . :)

6. rnpollard

rnpollard

Dec 10, 2000
    of a very cool concealed carry weapon. This is the Glock 26 with the Docter D3 in a holster of my own making. The system is comfortable and discreet. The Docter D3 has a 3 MOA dot.

This system was the brain child of a Special Ops group that needed a discreet pistol that was capable of excellent accuracy. Add a 9mm suppressor and you have quite a system.

[​IMG]

The D3 looks like it was made for the 9mm frame Glock. Perfect size and a decent color match as well.

[​IMG]

7. JGON

JGON

Mar 12, 2010
    Here is my latest Glock... I'm not sure why the 10mm round is not more popular. It is a scary round from a ballistics standpoint! I think I may look into upgrading the barrel so I can shoot some of the heavy options available for this caliber (some of them aren't recommended for the factory barrel), but other than that I find the Gen 4 set up to be completely adequate for my needs as it comes.

[​IMG]

8. rnpollard

rnpollard

Dec 10, 2000
    Depending on the circumstances. I generally carry a Glock 26 magazine with a +2 attached and carry a Glock 17 magazine with a +2 attached as a reload.

[​IMG]

Combine that package with a Keltec Sub 2K in Glock 9mm and you have a great set up for traveling. The Sub 2k easily fits in a briefcase or a laptop bag.

[​IMG]

9. Bowman1911

Bowman1911

Dec 12, 2010
    No, I'm a farm raised, corn fed, 5'10", 260lb, relatively clean cut maniac. This was leaving GWAR back at Halloween.
    [​IMG]
    Oh, and I open carry a 27 gen 3 with +2 either stock, or sometimes converted to 9mm threaded (if I feel like carryin' 13 rounds of 9mm), or a Colt New agent in .45 acp.
    Here's both my Glocks. I never carry the 17, just too damned big.
    [​IMG]
    Here's the Colt
    [​IMG]

10. rnpollard

rnpollard

Dec 10, 2000
    Nice hardware brother. I'm going to start my paperwork on a 9mm suppressor this Spring.

11. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    Looks mean absolutely nothing. How'd he act?

12. Bowman1911

Bowman1911

Dec 12, 2010
    Thanks Brother! You'll love it, if you can put up with the wait. My next one'll be in .45 so I can put it on pretty much anything. If your luck is anything Like mine, You'll get the same BATFE personnel I did, she's got the worst return times on record. I waited 6 months for this one. I won't throw a strangers name out on the internet, but when you file your paperwork, send me a PM. I'll let ya know who you don't want reviewing your paperwork. ;)

13. sdemars

sdemars

Dec 22, 2009
    Definitely a snazzy looking GLOCK . . . Can you educate me about the rear sight?

I have several SIGs, I think at least one should have something other than stock sights to make it a little easier to hit what I want.

And yes, I know GLOCK is an excellent weapon . . . sorry for taking your thread off course. . .

When I was younger a GLOCK would have been a top choice. . . as I get older I try to be a little safer . . . same reason I no longer own a 1911 . . .

I realize from a combat perspective that my desire for positive mechanical safeties are not desirable.

Thanks in advance,
    Steve

14. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    And what, pray tell, do you find unsafe about the M1911A1?

15. sdemars

sdemars

Dec 22, 2009
    Best description would be very loud, agitated and "rode" his gun like he was waiting for an old time western shootout . . . told the lady a the customer service counter that he knew they were following him with the store cameras and it would nothing to neutralize them . . .

To me that pretty much sums up the typical nut case that will someday cost us all in the "Right To Bear" non-stop discussion . . .

16. Bowman1911

Bowman1911

Dec 12, 2010
    Hey brother, no worries! Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks! And varierty is the spice of life. My wife carries a Sig 938 vertical under her dress shirts. Has an external safety & can be carried cocked & locked, or not. My Colt I carry cocked & locked at 4 o'clock open carry in a leather belt rig. The Glock I carry loaded in kydex on the belt at 4 o'clock as well. If you wanna talk about external safeties & nervous feelings, check this out. My summer carry is a Kahr pm9 carried loaded in a pocket holster, carried in back right pocket where my wallet should be. Safety in this case is all about keeping the finger off the trigger. A well designed holster aids that. A buddy of mine who bends leather came up with this little gem. The keyway keeps your finger off the trigger until you clear the pocket insuring you don't shoot your ass off. Literally. The way he's cut it, your 3 fingers drop around the grip of the pistol, but the split isn't wide enough for your trigger finger to fall into the trigger guard before you clear the buttcheek.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    beside a saddleback large wallet for size reference. Sorry for the non-Glock content guys, just wanted to add a lil' about safety measures & such.

17. sdemars

sdemars

Dec 22, 2009
    I think I have made my point very clear why I DON'T WANT TO OWN A HANDGUN without a safety I am comfortable with . . . . I know a 1911 has a safety, I just happen to prefer at least DA on first round or all DA all the time . . . thats my my choice . . . you own what you want. It's an opinion, they are still allowed . . . .

18. sdemars

sdemars

Dec 22, 2009
    That is trick . . . I carried a DA only High Standard Derringer for many many years in a holster similar to that . . .

19. Bowman1911

Bowman1911

Dec 12, 2010
    Thanks, I'm mighty fond of it. It's as simple as simple gets, but he put a lot more thought than work into it & drawing from it really shows where his design shines! It don't holster well, as with years of butt sweat, it'll collapse a lil', but personally, the draw is much more important to me than the holster! ;)

20. leghog

leghog

Aug 10, 2013
    It has two safeties.