Good Sources for Sanding belts

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by hollowdweller, Apr 30, 2004.

1. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    Can y'all turn me onto a good source for sanding belts? All the ones I have seen online are the lower grit ones. Warren, you had the one that looked kinda like mesh? I think you said 800 grit? Where did those come from??

Any help appreciated. Jim

2. cliff355

cliff355

Apr 19, 2003
    Hollow:

I have bought belts from Lee Valley also, but check www.supergrit.com. They may have what you are looking for up to 600 grit, but they also sell alot of stuff not listed online. If you don't see what you are looking for you might give them a call (apparently they are kind of a surplus liquidator of abrasive materials).

3. ferguson

ferguson

Feb 21, 2001
  4. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    you can also check ebay for inexpensive A/O "X" belts. Usually in bulk packs, but still only $5-$10 +s/h.

For higher grits, you'll need silicon carbide belts. A/O belts go up to 600, IIRC.

5. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    Thanks y'all.

6. raghorn

raghorn

Feb 23, 2002
    You're headed down a slippery slope, HD. :cool:

7. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    Whew! haven't been here in a while....can't believe how much I've missed. :rolleyes:
    seems to damn much goin on lately.
    HD, the belts I had were the 3M Trizact in A30 (700x) and A16 (1200x)....
    They are pretty expensive, but last quite a long time...still on my 1st ones :)

Unfortunately, the ONLY place you can purchase them
    in 1"x42" (outside of ordering 200 at a time) is:
    Wood Carving Store
    Sucks cause they're out of Canada and takes a while for shipping but their
    service is great...
    If your interested in only a couple of each, shoot me an email...;)

8. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    Warren - great to see you here! Just thinking of you....I just gave away my last "warren strop" and am in need of more. Email sent!