Got a Victorinox Spirit X the other day.

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by VicAlox74, Jun 20, 2020.

1. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    Quite impressed with this. Used it at work the last three days. As far as multi tools go this is my favorite. I recommend.

pnsxyr, mitch13, allenC and 1 other person like this.
  2. comis

comis Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2013
    For pliers based multitool, Spirit X is probably my favorite. Great selection of tools, fit and finish is great, relatively light weight and elegant like a light saber.

3. WhoseWoodsTheseAre

WhoseWoodsTheseAre

Jun 4, 2020
    I've been wanting one for years, but I can't justify the cost. When I do a chore that I could use the Spirit on, I'm always within easy distance of a toolbox.II'm a bit of a minimalist and it bothers me to have things I don't use.

Someone convince me that an urban office dweller who doesn't own a car or a house will put a Spirit to good use.

4. allenC

allenC

Jun 18, 2000
    Pictures please!

5. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Yep
    Let us know how you find it after awhile:thumbsup:

6. pnsxyr

pnsxyr Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2013
    I got a few Spirit X's around 2013 as a replacement to my first gen Leatherman Supertool. I love them. They've gotten a lot pricier since I purchased mine!

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 9.55.02 PM.jpg

mitch13 and 315 like this.
  7. MadeinUsa1

MadeinUsa1

Apr 19, 2017
    I recently purchased a spirt x myself. I love everything about it except the pliers do no open wide as my wave and I have found it not as capable for a slightly larger bolt that a wave can turn. My only nitpick is that the pliers could open up a tad wider. Outside of that its fantastic.

8. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    My favorite pliers-based multi-tool is my Spirit, but it’s not the X. Mine has a serrated sheepsfoot blade instead of scissors. I used to wear it on my belt everyday, it now only use it doing chores around my property. I bought it in 2010.

I also have several Leatherman tools I had tried out at various times since the early 2000s, prior to the Spirit. The Leatherman tools are good, but I would take the Spirit over any those any day. I already knew the quality of Victorinox products from years of using SAKs.

I have heard some people report other brands of pliers-based multi-tools cracking or snapping after awhile, usually around the pliers head; I’ve heard of that happening to some Gerber, Leatherman and SOG tools, but I’ve never heard of that happening to a Victorinox multi-tool.

Jim

Storm 8593 likes this.