1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Got my 2nd AK today - hello everybody

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by eraaij, Feb 22, 2002.

1. eraaij

eraaij

Jan 17, 2002
    Hello everybody,

Time to add writing to reading.

Today my 15' AK arrived today in good shape here in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. I ordered and got a 12' AK (made by Bura) before, but that knife was simply too pretty to use. :D

The 15' AK is a bit more crude in its finish. This new knife really wants to work, so I took it out to the garden and did some heavy chopping with it. The first thing I noticed is that it takes some time to learn how to handle a Khukuri really well. Once you know how chop and what your optimum reach is, it almost goes by itself. Looking forward to take it out more and to learn more about these beautiful blades.

Best regards,
    - Emile

2. BruiseLeee

BruiseLeee

Sep 7, 2001
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I like my AK but my favorite is still my Durba BAS. :D

3. billpaxton

billpaxton

Feb 17, 2001
    Welcome to the Cantina eraaij :)

4. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Thanks for field report and welcome to the Cantina, Emile.

5. SkagSig40

SkagSig40

Feb 1, 2001
    Welcome to the cantina! Congrats on the AK!!!:)

6. JUSTRIGHT

JUSTRIGHT

Aug 10, 2001
    WELCOME,ENJOY THE AK.VERY NICE ISN'T IT.:D

7. eraaij

eraaij

Jan 17, 2002
    ..and great forum by the way. Enjoyed reading it for some time now and hope to contribute now and then.

-Emile

8. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Glad to have you.