Great Movie Knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Thrill, Oct 12, 2010.

1. lanetxgp1

lanetxgp1

Jul 27, 2013
  2. saxon

saxon

Mar 28, 2005
    The Joe Kious fighter from the movie Exposure..( A High Art )

[video=youtube;CSwrE-I3MHM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSwrE-I3MHM[/video]

3. DShiflet

DShiflet

Jan 25, 2013
    In the new Wolverine movie, Wolvie fights a couple of Yakuza thugs on top of a bullet train. At least one of them is carrying what appears to be a Cold Steel Magnum Tanto of some sort, and actually uses it to anchor himself to the roof of the train(by stabbing it through the roof, see, he must have watched the Cold Steel proof vids!)

4. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Hard to beat this in Max Payne
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the poorly taken pics.

5. P_Meticulous

P_Meticulous

Apr 28, 2013
    Cobra

I think the best part of that intro had to of been the “one-liners” - best I’ve seen to date (as far as 80’s & 90’s action movies go ;)).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. texasbuck110

texasbuck110

Mar 20, 2012
    Buck 110 from the dukes of hazzard. Brad pitts knife from legends of the fall and same knife in basterds

7. augostos

augostos

Sep 15, 2011
    Keanu reeves in Master of tai chi with Emerson Horseman, I suppose.

Nice choice!

Screenshot from 2013-08-10 21:17:38.jpg

8. untamed

untamed

Jan 7, 2003
    Yep, I heard that it was just dreamed-up by the lady propmaster of the movie and not a real design. Just expedience for the film with a little creative license (of course it needs to have a sawback right?)

9. Steel130

Steel130

Sep 17, 2010
    Think I spotted a Cold Steel Magnum Tanto in the new Wolverine trailer. And a Cold Steel Hold out in Red 2.

10. wisnoskij

wisnoskij

Dec 13, 2012
    I fell in love with that knife the second I saw it. The only decent part of the entire movie is that knife, and the fake sitcom.

11. heavyfoldersarebest

heavyfoldersarebest

Nov 8, 2012
    Emerson CQC 16 or 13 in Killers.

12. Mrknot

Mrknot

Aug 15, 2013
    Some of my favorite blades in movies for various reasons:
    Wilkes' SOG Bowie in Uncommon Valor
    Billy Fish's kukri in The Man Who Would Be King
    Bishop and the MkII in Aliens
    "Sting" from LOTR/The Hobbit
    Dar's sword in The Beastmaster, (showing my age a bit there).
    Inigo Montoya's rapier, (The Princess Bride)
    The Green Destiny, (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon)
    Just a few of my picks...

13. Steel130

Steel130

Sep 17, 2010
    Parker. Fully serrated Stainless Steel Spyderco Police. Statham seems to like his knives.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. usframe

usframe

Jul 8, 2010
    hmm, I dunno if I can pin it down to one, but I know this, did anyone else find it unusual that a killer in the "Boondock Saints" was holder a folder to that guy's throat? Looked like a Buck 110. What killer? I dunno, what guy's throat, I dunno that either.

15. Neil2323

Neil2323

Jan 31, 2013
    Espada xl in the Expendables

16. ColdSpyder

ColdSpyder

Sep 24, 2012
    Just saw this as well and was wondering what they were too. Good knife fights and and some blade in the skull kills. Good times!

17. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton

Feb 17, 2013
    I've been working as an extra on the set for the 2nd season to NBC's "Revolution". I got to take a look at all the prop weapons they've been issuing to "tribesmen", aka wild hairy people. Here's a shot of me holding the 2 largest machetes they have for the show.

The machetes are 46.5 inches long, weigh about 9 pounds each, are dull as dish water and just a tad "point heavy". The balance point is about 17 or 18 inches pointward of the "scales", which are made of either birch or ash. Needless to say, as prop weapons,they have never been through a heat treatment cycle.

They also have 4 or 5 37 inch machetes, but they were in use at the time I was allowed into the prop storage area. The 2 guys these had been issued to had been "killed off" the day before, which is why I got to play with them.

The prop lady said she thought that they were used in the movie "Machete", also.

2 revolution machetes.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  18. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    One in the chamber...

[​IMG]

19. blackhawkcowboy

blackhawkcowboy

Sep 11, 2012
    Absolutely John Rambo got me hooked!!!

20. Runemann

Runemann

Mar 21, 2013
    Zeb Macahans knife in "How the west was won". Was that a Western W49 with stag grips??

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013