1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Great Uncle Frank left his body at 6:22 central time this AM.

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Bill Martino, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it. Got a call from Brother Fred this AM telling me that Dad finally crossed the bar this AM. We were all prepared for this eventuality and Dad was more than ready so no shock and no tears for me at least.

I'm very glad and take comfort in the fact that I was able to get back and spend time with Dad last year while he was still himself and able to get around and do things. Last time I saw him last month he was sitting in his worn out and ragged but favorite recliner smoking a cigarette and I knew that would be the final goodbye. My tears were spent then so no need for them now.

I do not attend funerals and I have already done all the work that needed doing so I do not plan to go back for the funeral. I wrote Dad's obituary when I was home and attended to some details. He was a Mason and wanted the Masonic rites so he'll get them. I will go back if absolutely needed but otherwise I will stay here and do the job which is what Dad would want and expect me to do.

He set an example with work ethic, honesty, devotion to duty, family and to God which he would want me to follow and I'll try.

No need for tears. Frank lived 92 years and was in the hospital only once with a broken leg due to industrial accident. He was strong and active for 91 years. He had little to regret. He passed with no pain and suffering and in his sleep.

If only I could do as well.

2. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    Sail on, Sailor!

In a better place now...

3. raghorn

raghorn

Feb 23, 2002
    Here's to Great Uncle Frank.

4. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    My condolences Uncle Bill...
    Hickory smoke rising from the NorthEast
    for you both.

5. Aardvark

Aardvark

Nov 26, 2002
    Another chapter finishes. It sounds like the author can be proud of his work. God bless him and you, Uncle Bill.

6. Cyberbeast

Cyberbeast

Nov 29, 2003
    My Condolences.

7. MauiRob

MauiRob Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2000
    My condolences as well Uncle Bill.

If only we could all be that healthy and alive for all our years.

8. mamav

mamav

Apr 23, 2003
    So glad to hear it was a peaceful ending for a wonderful life. May you and your family be at peace. God bless you, Uncle!

9. Geoffrey Raiser

Geoffrey Raiser

Sep 24, 2003
    Our Condolences, Uncle Bill

Kimberly & Geoffrey

10. spiraltwista

spiraltwista

Nov 29, 2002
    My sincere condolences Bill. Look after yourself.
    Regards,
    Spiral

11. WrongFriend

WrongFriend

Jul 6, 1999
    We carry on the show, to welcome Great Uncle Frank as a new audience just off the stage. Smoke going up.

12. Rod Allen

Rod Allen

Oct 26, 2002
    my condolences

13. Drdan

Drdan

Dec 24, 2003
    Sorry to hear about your dad, Uncle Bill. Sounds like he had a very rich and useful life. My condolences.

Dan

14. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    My condolences as well, Uncle Bill. If it can be said that a true measure of a father is his son's character, then Great Uncle Frank has left a fine mark indeed. Smoke going up from the toe of indiana.

Jake

15. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    I'm glad your prayers were answered in a good way Bill.

Hayv. I pray it will be so when your time arrives.

16. etp777

etp777

Aug 12, 2002
    My thoughts are with you and your family Uncle Bill.

I hope I'm as alive and leave with as few regrets when I go.

17. Pan Tau

Pan Tau

Sep 3, 2002
    my sincere condolences. My thoughts are with you.

Andreas

18. brantoken

brantoken

Feb 6, 2004
    92, That a that's a good long life for sure.
    I know he will be missed.

19. BruiseLeee

BruiseLeee

Sep 7, 2001
    :(

20. Brendan

Brendan

Feb 13, 2002
    Good innings for (what I can only say judging by his son) a good man !!

Peace to Great Uncle Frank !!