1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Grindworx.com is BladeHQ. :(

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by ronin.graves, Sep 29, 2019.

1. ronin.graves

ronin.graves Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 4, 2018
    I was very disappointed today to learn that Grindworx.com, which sells a lot of cheaper knives including many brands known to produce clones like Lightning and Titan, is actually just a website being run out of BladeHQ. It bothers me that they'd be willing to sell brands to unknowing consumers that they would not be seen to carry on their BladeHQ site. And it's not a question of budget, they carry lots of similarly priced items on BladeHQ from more reputable brands. I've been a long-time customer of BladeHQ, having gotten many if my first decent knives from them. This is a bummer and I'll be taking my business elsewhere. I'm sure they won't miss me, but I felt like folks should be aware, so at least they make an informed decision about who they support and how they feel about clones in the knife community.

2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    IBTM...

Your point is well taken but I believe that the GBU forum is the place for your thread and it will be moved there shortly (speculation on my part alone). The issue you raise has been discussed previously I believe.

ronin.graves and marcinek like this.
  3. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    Yup, not news...it used to be called BladePlay and was well known as the off-brand side of BladeHQ. I'm not sure when the name change happened.

ronin.graves and Blues Bender like this.