1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    David I look forward to all the links. Google Arts&Culture is a wonderland. One of my finds was this take a selfie and see what characters you resemble from history. There were several. Here’s one.
    992F1E9A-D870-4A13-80D8-AA4FC43CDBA1.jpeg

Regarding the Formation of Britain, here’s for those who have any interest.
    Otherwise, nothing to see here.:)

As for King Henry Vlll, I watched a documentary called Inside the body of King Henry Vlll. I thought it gave convincing reasons for his descent into Madness.

@OLd_gUY I like that video with Bob’s song. Also love that beautiful Lambsfoot.

@Jack Black Hope the three of you had a nice lunch.

Good Morning Guardians.
    34570326-C029-4DF2-B69C-23C352F71DEC.jpeg

pjsjr, Cambertree, Cutfinger and 13 others like this.
  2. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Wonderful photo, Harvey!

cigarrodog likes this.
  3. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Jack! :) I hope you have a good one too my friend! :thumbsup: :)

Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  4. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Vince. Hope you and everyone have a great weekend.

Ramrodmb, dc50 and Prester John like this.
  5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Harvey, we had Thai :) That is a wonderful pic :) :thumbsup:

OLd_gUY, TFBraden, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  6. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Thank you kindly, Jack! We all wear bowties on Fridays around here. This particular one (with the square) was a gift from a student. I'm really a lucky fellow to be around such good folks.

Cambertree, OLd_gUY, tmd_87 and 3 others like this.
  7. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    @Jack Black Thank you Jack. I’ll have an extra side of peanut sauce to go with my Chicken Satay, please.:)

OLd_gUY, tmd_87, dc50 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Another photo of the Guardians.;):thumbsup:

[​IMG]

9. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Check out the blues that popped out within the patina after cutting some warm steak.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    pjsjr, Cambertree, Pt-Luso and 15 others like this.
  10. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    IMG_20190517_112500.jpg

11. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks for the video! Great comparison.

cigarrodog, Prester John and JTB_5 like this.
  12. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    Thanks Taylor!

cigarrodog and tmd_87 like this.
  13. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Good afternoon, folks.

I hope everyone is well. I've been frightfully busy and have seen that my forum activity as a whole has plummeted. Regardless, some threads simply do not change and this one just keeps steaming ahead.

I've been in the process of upgrading and replacing a lot of my outdoors/hiking gear. I have a wilderness outing in about a week so it will be fun to see how some of the new stuff works out. Ever since I first became a Lambsfoot enthusiast, one of these delightful knives has always accompanied me on my excursions. This will not be changing anytime soon, this AC will be the likely candidate for the upcoming adventure as it is one of my favorites.

I got myself a new kettle, one that comes with a coffee press. I was hoping to graduate to a one pot setup but this one proved to be a bit smaller than I was anticipating. Still though, it is lighter than my current hiking press and I can boil water in it directly. Another bonus, this company is local to my state so it is nice to support the locals when I can.

[​IMG]

pjsjr, Cambertree, Pt-Luso and 17 others like this.
  14. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Dress for success! Well done, Joshua. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

Nice looking pot, and Lamb of course. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

15. JTB_5

Oct 6, 2017
    Thank you, sir :D:cool:

tmd_87 and cigarrodog like this.
  16. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Thank you, Jack.:thumbsup: What a cute name for a daughter. Emma is another favorite of mine.;)
    My Daisy is way more laid back than a normal Jack Russell. Sleeping is her favorite.:D
    [​IMG]

pjsjr, Cambertree, Pt-Luso and 15 others like this.
  17. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Simply adorable.

dc50, mitch4ging and Ramrodmb like this.
  18. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Thanks, Harvey! I think so too!
    Hope your finger is healing up. Did you super glue it?

Cambertree, dc50 and cigarrodog like this.
  19. donn

donn Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 14, 2002
    Wow that's quite a lot of knife. :thumbsup: Great comparison video you've posted there.

Thanks for posting those Harvey, I'll catch up with them tomorrow. I've definately never seen the Henry VIII one. I worked in a secure mental health unit for three years and I've been a staff nurse for almost 10 years now. The more experience I've gained the more I'm convinced that many of the medieval rulers suffered from severe mental health disorders. If you look at the family trees of European royalty there is actually a significant degree of inbreeding. Couple that with the possibility of suspicion and paranoia created by the fragility of some of their regimes and you can see why many of them exhibited unstable behaviour.

Had a great time thanks. :thumbsup:
    [​IMG]

And a half dimple glass. If you'd of been bushwacked with one of these Jack, the damage wouldn't be half as bad.:D
    [​IMG]
    Well actually it would of been exactly 'half' as bad I guess.:D

pjsjr, Cambertree, Pt-Luso and 13 others like this.
  20. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Great-looking pair :) :thumbsup:

Very cool, I love it when the polished steel first goes like that :cool: :thumbsup:

Well-taken pic Taylor :) :thumbsup:

Great to see you here Dylan :) I like your new pot - I had to look it up - NICE! :) Hope you have a great time in the woods my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks Mark :) Sleeping is a favourite of my middle daughter - Ellie! :rolleyes: That's another great pic :) :thumbsup:

Quoted for truth! :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Thanks for the great pics David, looks like you've been visiting a saloon! ;) :D :thumbsup:

It's still forecasting rain here tomorrow - all day :( Have to see if they get it wrong :rolleyes: My plans are to head over to Huddersfield again, and possibly visit this nearby museum: http://www.colnevalleymuseum.org.uk/ I'll be carrying some stag ;) Hope everyone has a great weekend :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

pjsjr, Cambertree, Pt-Luso and 14 others like this.