1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Wow! We're expecting a high of 96 today.

Cutfinger, cigarrodog and pjsjr like this.
  2. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Good morning, Guardians!
    [​IMG]
    Things go better with coffee.

TFBraden, donn, Fodderwing and 9 others like this.
  3. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo Part time maker, very very part time Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 25, 2012
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVE!!!! @dc50
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, donn, Cambertree and 10 others like this.
  4. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    It's 30 here right now and still have light snow falling. This is the latest snow fall and the heaviest I can remember and I've lived in Colorado all my life save for four years in the US Army.

5. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you Kevin :) Great photo :thumbsup:

flatblackcapo and cigarrodog like this.
  6. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Did the maple tree make it? We have been dealing with rainy and cold weather weird for middle/end of May.

donn, cigarrodog and pjsjr like this.
  7. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    I know how you feel Preston, living in the Rockies we can have snow every month of the year.:p
    IMG_0632.jpeg

8. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    The posts quoted below come from the weekend, when the temperature in my neighborhood neared 80˚ F. So most of the knives I single out below are AC models, since air conditioners may soon be helpful. ;) (The high temperature on Monday was only 50˚, though :(.)

:D:D:thumbsup: Good one, HAL, er, Vince!

I currently just have the Angry Ram pin/badge in it, but I've enjoyed reading about the uses other Guardians have for their tins. :thumbsup::cool: I'll probably soon move other knife-related keepsakes (coins, button spanners, etc.) into it to create a treasure chest. ;)

Grand canyon and psychedelic patina on the mark side of your AC, @Travman, and the pile side stag is a rough and ready contrast! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Very cool, David! :cool::cool::thumbsup: These carvings (on a much smaller scale) look like they'd be a whittling project that would fit my primitive skills. :thumbsup:;)

I'm a sucker for dog/knife pics, and your photos of Lazy Daisy are superb, Mark! :D:thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm amazed at how much our dogs sleep! :eek:

Best Break-up Song Ever, OG!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup: But how is the video related to the lyrics?? I'm not always good at making connections! :(

Amazingly Compelling AC, Dwight!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great shot of your AC, Ron! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: Do you have a pile side photo handy?

Thanks for the video, and congrats again on your K'roo, Joshua! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

Unforgettable flame-like colors on your AC, Dylan!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Hope your wilderness outing is wondrously wild and wholesomely wise! ;)

Congrats, Taylor, on making the adjustments and successfully wrapping up your first semester back! :):thumbsup::cool: Do you have a lot of school to complete, or are you close to your goal?

Didn't know dire wolves enjoyed sea food! :eek:;) Fantastic shot of your ironwood, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

One of my favorite pics of your AC, Vince! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup: (You have many I really like. ;))

Glad you all enjoyed the trip, and thanks for the memorable pics, OG!! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Man Jack with me all week:
    2senator.mark.V.nov17.jpg

- GT

9. 5K Qs

5K Qs Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Continuation of preceding post:
    Thanks for the encouragement, folks. :) I just have to learn to manage my expectations regarding The Porch as it evolves! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Tremendous trio!! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

Thanks for the kind replies, Jack. :)
    I try to keep fit, but it seems to take more and more time each day to keep fewer and fewer body parts operating as intended! :eek:
    Good to see your "former" ironwood! ;):thumbsup::cool:

Thanks, Chin. :) Actually, I have the DMT Magna-glide system with some diafold diamond paddles. Most of my day-to-day honing is on unglazed pottery, though - kind of a poor substitute for a SharpMaker. :rolleyes:

Majestic bolster stamp, Jack! :cool::cool::thumbsup: (Perhaps too majestic for a former working stiff like me! :p)

Good to see you here again, Dave! :):thumbsup::cool: Best wishes for the ongoing moving-in process! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Is this a UK usage of "pants"? I don't think I've heard the word used negatively like this before; what's the history of this usage??

- GT

10. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Happpppyyyyy Birthday DAVE!!!!

11. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Thanks, Gary, now comes the waiting for the electrician and others to call back, this could take awhile. :rolleyes:

cigarrodog likes this.
  12. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Thank you Taylor. :D
    [​IMG]

13. Prester John

May 20, 2018
    Thanks, Gary. I love both sides, which are very different from one another. But the batch of 28 all look good to me. Love that Cracker Jack of yours.

OLd_gUY, cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  14. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Yes, Taylor, thanks...I went out about 30 minutes ago and shook of what I could reach with the rake, I didn't see any broken branches, sun is trying to come out but the wind is picking up. I think it will be OK.

I hope Dennis @mitch4ging is doing well. His area has had tornadoes and lots of rain causing flooding. Power outages abound there. I know he said that he was preparing for the storms forecasted so he may just not have power.

15. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    @5K Qs I can do emergency substitute teaching after this semester. I'm a year and a half away!

16. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    Good news, I lost an old cherry tree to spring snow it sucked.

donn, pjsjr and cigarrodog like this.
  17. tmd_87

Jan 29, 2016
    CHEERS!!!!

cigarrodog and dc50 like this.
  18. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks Jack!

I took a six week camping trip a few years ago and made a loop down through Big Bend clockwise up and around through Crested Butte. The temperature span ranged from 96°F to -27°F. What a fine country we live in.

Thank you GT. Man Jack is killer!

+1 Yes they have been in the "stuff" and are still in it. Hope all is well Dennis

IMG_2480.jpeg

19. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Fantastic photo Dwight! :thumbsup::D

Fodderwing, Jack Black and cigarrodog like this.
  20. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Great image, Dwight. The only thing missing is you laying in the hammock.:)

Fodderwing and dc50 like this.