1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Thanks Dave. I'll bet Totem is glad for the fresh air. Looking mighty fine! although sinister and eerie and scary and so forth...:eek:

Thanks Harvey. Great TEW you're posting today!

Thanks Preston. I recorded that temp at about 2 am in the back of my pickup camper about halfway between Crested Butte and Gunnison. A not so pleasant night. :D

Thanks Jack. It was in late December. The hottest recorded temp was in Abilene.

That is a great image OG. Time and the elements ...

donn, OLd_gUY, dc50 and 2 others like this.
  2. pjsjr

pjsjr Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Anytime Mother Nature decides...she is a fickle mistress. This is really unusual.
    Glad you had a good weather day, Jack. You took some great photos. Architecture, people and wildlife combined to make a very interesting scene.
    OG, we get the weather that comes from all directions this time of year! Part of what made this present storm was the same system coming up from the gulf and clod wet coming from the west. Thank you very much;) What's not to like...that is a great photo!:thumbsup:
    That's quite a variation in altitude. Did you have heat in the camper?

3. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    I started out the night with heat but it didn't work well at that elevation and eventually went out. I awoke in a not-so-snug cocoon of ice layering the inside of the uninsulated fiberglass shell camper. I was apprehensive about going back to sleep for fear of never waking so I eased on down the road to Gunnison headed east and south over Monarch Pass and didn't stop again until Ratón.

4. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Presser John and Jack - my friends those two Stags are looking SO good.
    I received my Stag that I bought a wee while ago ( a forum member contacted me to ask if I was interested! ) - haven’t had time to post photos nor will I for a few weeks - but it’s in my pocket right now! :D :thumbsup:
    Stout pull but it’s getting a lot better - LOVING IT!

5. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    The pull is a lot better now on mine. Very easy to carry. And why carry a mediocre knife when I can carry a thing of beauty?

donn, Cutfinger, OLd_gUY and 5 others like this.
  6. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    @Fodderwing Thank you Dwight.

My wish is for all of you to hang in their with the varying severity of bad weather.

@Jack Black enjoy the pints. Cheers. Fine image.

I use to enjoy watching the Ducks and Geese, that is until I lived with gaggles of them, trying to constantly dodge the many presents they leave. When they decide to hang out on my street, I present a comical sight as I gently guide them back to their watery home base.

@OLd_gUY -The texture on the rocks makes for a great Lambsfoot Image.

Cambertree, pjsjr, OLd_gUY and 4 others like this.
  7. boykinlp

boykinlp Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    What knife is this stamp going to be on? Thanks.

8. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Happy B-day Dave @dc50 !!

Thanks, Jack. :thumbsup:
    Lovely Stag there, my friend!

Thanks, Gary.:thumbsup: I always enjoy yours and others dog pics, as well. They look sooo content when sleeping. I swear Daisy smiles while she sleeps.:)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Cambertree, TFBraden, Dschal and 14 others like this.
  9. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I particularly hate the geese. Maybe I don't have enough experience of ducks.
    A club-hunting season on geese would help.
    [​IMG]

Cambertree, TFBraden, Dschal and 14 others like this.
  10. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Happy Birthday Dave!:):thumbsup:

OLd_gUY, cigarrodog, dc50 and 3 others like this.
  11. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Jack...:thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  12. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Received my Wright snakewood lambsfoot today from Sheffield.
    Pretty knife but... how's the pull on your examples everyone?
    This one comes in at a 12 out of 10!
    And the grind! Way, way off.
    If I couldn't straighten it out myself I'd return it just because of the premium I paid for it.
    Any advice for the pull? For the time being I oiled it and am leaving it half open to maybe weaken the spring a little.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thank you, GT. :)

Thank you, Jack. :)

OLd_gUY, cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  14. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    Thanks, fellows! :thumbsup::D I appreciate all the wishes as my Sons must have forgotten me this time around.

15. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    Dwight, I believe the Totem has positive powers :D all this selling and buying, moving etc etc are falling into place like Magic. :thumbsup::p
    upload_2019-5-21_15-58-22.jpeg

Cambertree, donn, Jack Black and 4 others like this.
  16. dc50

Aug 14, 2006
    What a fine setting for the Lambsfoot Mark. :thumbsup::cool:

17. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I don't know, but that last one definitely "turn[ed] on [he]r light" before she flounced away.
    Actually the only bit I really don't get is the woman with glasses who stops smiling and the man with glasses who continues smiling.

Sometimes you just have to let art be. :D

donn, OLd_gUY and dc50 like this.
  18. Fodderwing

Jan 31, 2017
    Well you can't argue with results like that. Please offer Totem my apologies.:D BTW the background was yet another fantastic painting.

@Jack Black - Jack with regard to your "tin box" inquiry, One of your tin boxes is winging its way to NSW Australia even as we speak. :) And just let me say I really like em. I have always liked small boxes since I was a kid. My mom is the same way so I guess it's DNA. Anyway I thank you for that extra bit of thoughtfulness that accompanies your standard kindness and thoughtfulness that can so easily be taken for granted. Sleep well my friend.

Cambertree, donn, Cutfinger and 4 others like this.
  19. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Thanks guys. Your kind words are mucho appreciated :)

Outstanding pic - a fantastic knife and a great rig. Can't beat it :cool: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    OG

20. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Had a wonderful surprise today, Guardians. Got home after work and found an unexpected package in my mailbox. Air mail. From England! A postcard inside informed me that Taylor (@tmd_87), winner of the third lambsfoot in @Jack Black's recent GAW, had instructed Jack to forward the prize to me! :)

It is a limited edition African Rosewood lambsfoot from A. Wright & Son. And a gorgeous specimen!

What a lovely gesture, Taylor. A million thanks!

Jack included a few goodies in the package:
    [​IMG]
    A Leeds "Potts Clocks Heritage Trail" walking map; an interesting postcard; a lamb button; an old Irish coin (!); a Yorskshire pen; a Guinness (best drink in the world) pencil; and a White Rose of Yorkshire magnet. What a treat!

Here's a picture of the knife in the sun (about an hour before sunset):
    [​IMG]
    Lovely covers, and great fit and finish. I'm going to put an even better edge on it later this week with my Arkansas stone, and flush the joints even if it doesn't need it. The pull is perfect, and the lockup is tight. Feels great in the hand. What a pleasant surprise! :)

Thanks again to Taylor, and a big thanks to Jack. This is the best thread in the best forum on the internet.

Cheers!

Cambertree, TFBraden, Dschal and 15 others like this.