Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Well played, Dan!

Wait for it...

:D

Prester John, Jack Black and CelloDan like this.
  2. WhittlinAway

Feb 11, 2016
    Wishing you all some peace and relaxation this weekend. Perhaps with a cold drink...

[​IMG]

... and maybe a good read.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Guardians!

3. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Yeah, I gotta agree Vince! :D :thumbsup:

That's looking good Mike :) Nice doohickey hiding away in the background :thumbsup:

LOL! :D It's got to be 10 years ago David, I was supposed to be meeting a feller there. Having virtually no interest in televised sports, I was completely unaware that there'd been some sort of kick-off the night before relating to the European Cup. I got off the train, and all I saw was drunken Rangers fans, cops, and cigarette butts, and the idiot I was meeting didn't have the sense to cancel or suggest an alternative location o_O :rolleyes:

Here's the night before o_O

I'll see you! ;) I always have a bottle of Highland Park in ;) Slainte :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

But what's this??!! o_O:mad: These 'security seals' are supposed to stop the bottles (which comes in a cardboard package) being stolen, but at least a third of the time the shop staff forget to take them off o_O I'm going to have to get the hacksaw out now o_O

[​IMG]

Thanks Harvey :) :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 24, 2020
  4. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Hope you had a nice visit with your mom, John! :thumbsup:

The stag on your Hartshead Barlow looks great. Seems like it’s fairly thin and flat, which I like in stag (as long as it still has character, which your’s does). I wonder if they were all like that or if some had fatter stag. (I opted for the Rosewood HHB instead of the stag.)

That’s funny! I didn’t know there was a UK-and-Ireland version of the quiz. Of course, I had to take it, too. My result was basically “Sod off, yank!” :D

[​IMG]

They all sound pretty good! :thumbsup: I’ll be cracking a few open this afternoon.

Hey, I know that place! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D :D

I’ve never understood why they measure the capacity of truck beds in cubic feet and not the same way they measure coolers: “how many cans of beer can it hold?” ;)

That’s funny! :D

Also, I googled “Wigan butty” and subsequently learned about the “pie barm.” :eek: o_O :D

The two four-packs I got in cans (the Nut Brown Ale and the Lager) were also available in bottles, but the price was the same, and the cans are 14.9 oz versus 12 oz bottles. That’s 23.2 oz of free beer! ;) :D

Cold drinks are going to be a necessity. Our central A/C isn’t working, and the diagnosis is not good — full replacement. :mad: It’ll be a week or so before we can get it done, and while it’s not supposed to be too hot, it’ll be warm enough that I’d have the A/C on if it was working. :thumbsdown:

tmd_87, Modoc ED, Onebigbill and 4 others like this.
  5. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    :cool::thumbsup:

6. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Not a bad idea. I'm only about halfway through my stay-in-place stockpile. ;)
    [​IMG]

7. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    The visit was good.
    They had her at a table in a garage, we drove up but stayed in the car, and we visited at a distance. It was just good to see her.

The stag on my Heartshead is nice.
    Not too thick, but certainly not thin.
    It has just enough character to make it interesting.
    I originally wanted a Rosewood but Jack was running short so I changed it to stag.

Lol... That's funny. :D:thumbsup:

donn, K33ncutter, Jack Black and 4 others like this.
  8. WhittlinAway

Feb 11, 2016
    Probably some deep distant relationship to why the metric system never took hold here... ;)

Oh, man, sorry to hear that, Barrett. I hope it stays merely warm until you can have it replaced. :(

:D Looks as though your Hartshead has been helping out. ;)

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  9. btb01

Jul 26, 2008
    Alright, I’m starting off my Samuel Smith tasting weekend with the Organic Pale Ale. Now I’ve never been very good at tasting notes, so I’ll keep it simple: I like it. :thumbsup: :D This is definitely what I’d consider a good session beer. I’d love to sit down at a pub with a few fellow Guardians and finish off several pints of this stuff. (I guess if it were a Sam Smith’s pub, we’d have to maintain Porch rules and watch our language!) ;)

[​IMG]

Seriously, a very good start. I’m looking forward to the rest! :thumbsup:

10. r8shell

Jan 16, 2010
    Yep, it's cut a lime or two. ;)

K33ncutter, JohnDF and Jack Black like this.
  11. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Singing along with the voices in my head Gold Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Thanks Jack. Doohickey is an ukko whetstone pendant from my hiking pack :)

[​IMG]

12. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    I miss d the memo on the Samuel Smith beer train...dang it. Cheers Guardians!
    [​IMG]

13. btb01

Jul 26, 2008
    I had the Pure Brewed Organic Lager tonight, as well. My opinion falls right in line with those already shared by @Jack Black and @Prester John. It’s a perfectly drinkable beer — it would make an excellent yard work beer for a hot day — but there’s nothing outstanding about it, either. Of the two I had tonight, I definitely prefer the Pale Ale.

[​IMG]

Also, Vince, you must have snapped your photo quick! The head on this one didn’t last very long. :D

tmd_87, flatblackcapo, WHT and 12 others like this.
  14. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Cheers Greg, hope you have a nice weekend :) :thumbsup:

LOL! I'm going to have to give that one a go! But what if it says I'm from the south of England?! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Happy memories :) :thumbsup:

Looks like some Yorkshire might have rubbed off on you Barrett! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that mate :( I have a few things breaking down that I'm putting off getting fixed/replaced until after this crazy situation is over, but nothing that serious, hope it's not going to cost you a fortune :thumbsup:

Do you live in the 'Little Odessa' part of Texas Rachel?! :D ;) :thumbsup:

I'm glad you had a good visit John, it must have meant a lot to all of you in spite of the weird circumstances. Hope you get to see each other again soon :thumbsup:

The demand for the Rosewood models took me by surprise! :eek: For some folks, I guess the price difference was a factor. I had not expected there to be much difference. Typically of that firm, I couldn't even get prices from them the day before! o_O

Glad you enjoyed it Barrett :) Sam Smith's pubs are often pretty unwelcoming places, they are also sometimes filthy, with badly-kept draught ales, and they are frequently jammed with drunks o_O A good job they do a good bottled range you can take home :rolleyes:

I thought it was a whetstone Mike, I've looked at ones like that :) :thumbsup:

I imagine there'll be another train due before too long Taylor ;) Great shot of your ebony '18 :cool: All your knives show wonderful character :thumbsup:

I think you summed that up well Barrett, given the wealth of beer treasures coming out of Tadcaster, I don't think I'd be racing for the lager. That one is their premium lager, which they also do on draught, I've not tasted the others. Nice pic my friend :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, hope everyone is having a good weekend :) I had a very lazy day yesterday, which I rather enjoyed :) Got a few chores to do today, and I might make some soup. It's dull and overcast outside, and I can't see me straying further than the bottle-bank on the next street ;) :D Have a great Sunday Guardians :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

15. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. r8shell

Jan 16, 2010
    :D There actually is an Odessa, Texas. It's pretty far out west.

17. WhittlinAway

Feb 11, 2016
    Rosewood was an easy choice for me at the time. I don’t dislike stag, but I don’t have the same affinity for it that many porch folk do. Then I started seeing the stag models and realized that they were really special. Given the choice again, I guess I would have tried for one of each. :D

18. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I'm looking forward to the day we can sit together and visit, she's not getting any younger.

Like Greg, I'm not a big fan of stag handles.
    But, these are so special that I'm now glad I got one with premium covers.

Avast! :cool::thumbsup:
    I like your background, Jack.

19. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians and Happy Sunday.
    [​IMG]

20. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Another fine libation I see. Jack, you have good taste in those beverages that taste good:):thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Prester John and Jack Black like this.