Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    :D we better not actually do the math on that! :eek:
    Thanks! It's recycled from last Yorkshire Day, but seemed to fit. (and I knew @JohnDF would come up with a better Space Odyssey photo-chop) ;)

2. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks, Barrett, are you a closet Cardinal fan? :D

btb01 likes this.
  3. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Greg. I think of a nap as the right note for that fine meal and Lamb Foot.

Thank you Jack. Beans & Toast...Quite the 2000 page milestone celebration!:D Congratulations!

Thank you GT. Your LamBar Hartshead is a stunner. Your images reveal its’ beauty.

Thank you Dennis. The flag shot was for all those who have given their lives to protect us. Your Lamb Foot vignette is classic.

Good Afternoon Guardians.

A toast to the Guardians thread reaching the 2000 page milestone. This is the house that Jack built. Long may it continue. Congratulations. What a fine place this is.
    9D0376F8-ACED-472F-AC2D-2E55BC11EC03.jpeg

mitch4ging, WDJ, Dschal and 11 others like this.
  4. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Rob, I think it's something all us Guardians can celebrate :) :thumbsup:

Thanks fellers! :D :thumbsup:

Cool pic Rachel, thanks for all your posts :) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tips David, I am only slightly familiar with those villages :) Shame about the Agar Arms :) :thumbsup:

:D :D :thumbsup:

Maybe a candidate for a makeover? Since there's usually only a fractional difference between the Bexoid and Rosewood models, I don't know why anyone ever buys them as new :rolleyes: Having said that, I don't mind the older Bexoid (which is different to the modern plastic used) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

That's just food-grade mineral too isn't it? Barnitt's never seem to have it in stock these days. The last place I saw it was in Peter Maturi's in Leeds, which must have been closed 10 years now :(

Tasty-looking lunch :) :thumbsup:

LOL! :D Well done John! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Decent steel on those knives at least ;) :thumbsup:

Thank you Gary, I try to be observant! :D ;) :thumbsup:

I believe they do, but not all of them. I'm sure there are more around than in the past, and thought this might be to do with climate change, but apparently the movements of individual birds has more to do with food availability, rather than temperature :thumbsup:

https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/blog/2019/05/do-robins-migrate/

Sorry Gary, but you have guessed correctly. When I was a boy, all drinks bottles had deposits on them, but it is very rare now. The deposit scheme seemed to be a very good idea to me, the glass bottles were heavier (and so suitable for home-brew), and it was a great way for kids to clean up the streets and acquire some pocket-money. The prize among us 'street-urchins' was a glass soda-syphon, the deposit on which was 10 Shillings and sixpence, enough to keep the whole gang in 'spice' (candy) for a fortnight! :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks pal :) :thumbsup:

Well-taken shot Gary, it shows off the wood well :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Thank you Ron, it's nice to see your first post again, and your WCLF of course :) :thumbsup:

Nice Rodgers Ben :) :thumbsup:

:rolleyes:

Certainly looks like a knife with a checkered history Barrett, I think they had a cheek sending you that one o_O :thumbsup:

Cool pic Greg :) Are any games being played at the moment, I saw that the start of the season was delayed initially? :(

Good planning buddy :D :thumbsup:

I have never been able to enjoy mustard, and yet I love that Secret Aardvark, which I believe contains quite a bit of mustard :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

mitch4ging, Modoc ED, Dschal and 6 others like this.
  5. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    LOL! No expense spared at Grumble Towers Harvey :D I did have a splash of Henderson's ;) Thank you for all your many artistic contributions my friend :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Stan the man! :thumbsup: A great photo Barrett! :cool: When I first saw the OG I thought you might have meant Old Guy! Which I am! ;) But I’m proud to be an OG, Original Guardian, Barrett! :D :thumbsup:

Great post and photo Harvey! The house that Jack built!! :thumbsup: Yes indeed my friend! :D

Thank you Jack! :) :thumbsup:

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  7. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much, John.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb

Jun 9, 2010
    Hi Jack and hello to everyone.

Just wanted to let everyone know that Linus is still with me, still safe and hasn't been forgotten. My neighborhood branch of USPS is still closed. I have made 2 separate attempts at going downtown to the main branch only to find a line of at least 10+ people OUTSIDE the building. I have no idea how many more were inside. Linus' next destination outside of the US requires me to go in for the customs form, instead of being able to mail from home. I really hope that everyone involved understands and knows that my intentions are only the best, and eventually I will get him sent off, one way or another, and I am sorry for the inconvenience to all.
    I hope someday soon to have more time to spend here again, I miss you folks. Be well.

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, Modoc ED, donn and 16 others like this.
  9. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you very much, Gary.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    I can't answer the baseball question...
    However, some rodeos have started back up again.
    Wouldn't you know, the cowboys weren't going to sit still for very long.
    Saw some PBR contests with everybody wearing masks and bandannas. Small crowds.
    Another local rodeo had full participation and crowd attendance, with no new cases after three weeks.

donn, Prester John and Jack Black like this.
  11. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Hey Mark, great to see you here my friend - and Linus too :) The mail is still a mess here too :(

"Cowboy up cupcake!" :D :thumbsup: Rodeo sounds like a lot of fun John, to watch anyway :) :thumbsup:

12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Cheers Guardians, here's to the next Millennium :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

mitch4ging, Modoc ED, donn and 11 others like this.
  13. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    No closet involved! :D I'm a lifelong Cardinals fan. :thumbsup: Here I am attending my first game at the old Busch Stadium.

[​IMG]

No baseball for now. They're talking about possibly starting up in July with a modified season and expanded playoffs.

I've only ever found a few mustards that I don't like! :D I didn't realize there was mustard in Secret Aardvark, but sure enough, there it is on the ingredients list. I guess I couldn't taste it under the habanero. :eek: :D

Thanks, Ron! :thumbsup: :D

Here's some fresh Lambsfoot content.

[​IMG]

Modoc ED, donn, Dschal and 13 others like this.
  14. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Great photo Mark :thumbsup::)

Ramrodmb likes this.
  15. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Congratulations on the massive 2000 pages Jack and everyone, one of the busiest, fastest moving threads!!!
    Fantastic stuff!!!

16. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Hey, Jack, that was a great idea for a giveaway, and if I had seen it would have tried to nominate someone that didn't have a lambsfoot. But may I suggest the reason there may not have been entries is that Memorial Day is a big holiday here in the US, and many people travel, even during this pandemic. I myself got up early and drove halfway across the state to meet my son, who traveled an equal distance. My daughter is spending a few weeks with him and his family, and will be doing some babysitting. Then we drove to San Antonio to visit my uncle, who is not in good health. Got home late and exhausted. Glanced at some BF posts that evening, but hadn't checked in during the day. I notice that your post was at some ungodly hour (US central time it was 4 or 5 in the morning!). So I am thinking lots of others may have been busy. Also, I don't know too many on the Porch without a lambsfoot!

mitch4ging, Ramrodmb, donn and 2 others like this.
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Awwwwww :cool: :) Such a great pic Barrett :thumbsup:

LOL! :D I made a chilli earlier, it was so hot it kind of left me (pleasantly) exhausted! :D :thumbsup:

That's another cool pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Duncan, always a treat when you stop by pal :) Hope you can introduce me to this lady one day, seems to have some sand :cool: ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

My Tadcaster treat tonight is Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout :) Makes you feel sorry for those folks who think regular Guinness is a great stout ;) Roasted Barley and a little cane sugar gives it a slightly treacley taste, but there's only a little sweetness there, like all the Sam Smith's beers it's very well-balanced. The oatmeal gives it some nice creaminess, a very tasty stout :) One of the strange features of this range is the back-label serving suggestions, which in this case starts with 'pizza and salad' :rolleyes: I don't know what pizza in Tadcaster is like, but the whole place is, for better and worse, a little stuck in time (don't visit on a Saturday, it's shut!), and pizza comes from 'Tadkebab', the takeaway next to the public toilets :rolleyes: ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

But look at the view across the road ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    OK Vince, you've twisted my arm! :D Thanks for letting me know about that (though it was up over 24 hours, and I put a link in my sig line) :) However, I'm not running it with under a dozen valid entries :thumbsup: 'Ungodly hour'? In Yorkshire?! :eek: ;) :D :thumbsup:

OK folks here's a link to the giveaway, spread the love! ;) :thumbsup:

19. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Woah 2000 pages came and went! Congrats Jack on starting such an amazing thread with fantastic information, great photos and comradere!!

Congrats Guardians as well!!

20. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Well, this will take some research. The couple of members I had in mind apparently have lambsfoot knives, but are not frequent posters in this thread. I will nominate someone before midnight my time (it's 3:25 pm now--I took the day off to recover from yesterday!).

cigarrodog, Jack Black and CelloDan like this.