Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    They aren't cheap and getting very hard to find. I just paid $400 for our new pup. :eek:

Those look and sound amazing. :cool::thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  3. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I did find a new pup today.
    I posted a picture in "Carl's Lounge."

4. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you kindly, Charlie. Reminds me of a vintage Fender. I’ll do some research, because I don’t remember. Some IGer who made it a long while back. It’s a Ti EDC muti-tool, consisting of a nuk, bit holder, a cap lifter, a lanyard hole, and a belt loop key ring.

waynorth likes this.
  5. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Harvey, cool pic there my friend, that's a beautiful Lambsfoot :) :thumbsup:

I can think of a few practical uses ;) :thumbsup:

Yikes :eek: Thanks John, it was very simple, just some onions, potatoes, Italian sausage, Cheedar cheese, olive oil, black pepper, smoked paprika, basil, and the Ghost Seasoning, but very tasty :) Had it with a beer on the side ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Just had dessert ;)

[​IMG]

Very cute :) :thumbsup:

6. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Congratulations, John. Here’s to a good transition. Please share some of the many good moments.

Thank you Jack. Looks like you’re having a good day. Your images are the Bomb.

JohnDF and Jack Black like this.
  7. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    +1 on those pup images :)

Thanks Harvey :D :thumbsup:

cigarrodog likes this.
  8. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank guys. :)

cigarrodog and Jack Black like this.
  9. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Thanks, Harvey!!

cigarrodog likes this.
  10. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    That’s the way Ebony is supposed to look! :thumbsup:

Beautiful stag!

[​IMG]

11. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Great post, Jack! Lots of interesting info, and fantastic pics! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think I might change my name to Capability. :D I wonder if we’re related; can’t be that many Browns, can there? :confused:

At least you didn’t leave ‘em on the roof of the shed! ;) :D

Jack, is that a picture of your hand after cleaning out the gunk from the blade well of a new Wright’s knife? :eek: ;)

Just kidding, of course, but I have had a few from them (regular production knives, not any of the Guardian’s knives that I can remember) that came with quite a bit of crud down in there. :D

I still have one of those left. Definitely a good dessert beer! :D

No new Lambsfoot photo today, so here’s one I’ve shared before.

[​IMG]

TFBraden, mitch4ging, Haegar and 14 others like this.
  12. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks for the compliment Les! :) Nice stag on that Lambsfoot! :) :thumbsup:

Good to see your Rosewood Hartshead again Barrett! :) :thumbsup:

btb01 and K33ncutter like this.
  13. cigarrodog

May 18, 2014
    Thank you Les.

K33ncutter likes this.
  14. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Welcome Bill, the lock system of the Rideau Canal fascinates me.
    (also I can't help but wonder if perhaps a British soldier or maybe one of the thousands of Irish laborers that worked on the canal could have carried a lambsfoot knife.)
    Thank you GT :)
    Happy belated Fourth of July :thumbsup:

Thank you Jack :)

The locks and the whole system is an amazing engineering feat. It connects Kingston with Ottawa, 202 kilometres through some very unforgiving terrain. With no planes or aerial pictures I am in awe at how they were able to map it all and connect the different waterways. Halfway trough it at the highest point the waters actually flow into opposite directions ( to Kingston on one side and to Ottawa on the other )
    Colonel John By who supervised its construction is a well known name around here. In fact he founded Bytown which later would become Ottawa.

Yesterday as we continue on our journey we lost cell signal. At one point I asked where I could go to buy some ice and groceries withing a walking distance as we were travelling by boat.
    "Nowhere" I was told , " You are out in the boonies " :D

I realized how addicted to technology I've become, reaching for my phone so many times to check if I had a signal.

Here are some pics from Davis Lock ... out in the boonies :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. prairie.dog

prairie.dog Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Thanks! A close call or two, but we made it, all digits intact :D

Thank you! I knew I'd love this knife, I just didn't know it'd be this much. Can't see it leaving my pocket any time soon.

I really can't either, I thought it'd take a miracle to get one. Sure glad I did :cool:

Thanks, Jack!

Busy day today. We've totally neglected our garden this year, and the weeds were taking over. We salvaged a pitiful harvest before solarizing all the the beds with cardboard and mulch. The Hartshead Barlow cut lots of cardboard, my first real use of it, and it performed wonderfully. The pumpkins and watermelons are still going strong, as are the tomatoes and cucumbers. Here's the results of our early summer planting, a few tiny onions and cabbages. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

TFBraden, mitch4ging, Haegar and 13 others like this.
  16. Cambertree

Cambertree Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2014
    Hey there Guardians!

Just a quick hello before I head off to work.

I hope you’re all well.

Belated thanks for the kind comments Jack, Ron, GT, Harvey, Dennis, David and Barrett. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Leon, I’m glad that Waynorth LF is serving you well as a working knife.

[​IMG]

Whale watching in winter on the Humpback and Southern Right Whale migratory routes, which pass the Aussie coastline is a popular activity here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope all you Guardians in the US are having a great Independence Day weekend.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    She-Devil With A Lambsfoot! :D :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Barrett :) While known as 'Capability' Brown, his actual first name was Lancelot! :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Could be Barrett! :D I was looking for a photo showing my knife at work, and clicked on that one. However, after I'd posted it, I realised it was taken when I had been cleaning up my granddad's tankard (tankard discussion at the time), and I don't think my Hartshead Barlow helped out with that at all! o_O :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Yes indeed, they definitely need cleaning, oiling, and blowing out! :eek: :thumbsup:

Lucky you :) That one was left from one of my Sam Smith's mixed cases, but I still have a case and a half of this one from Saltaire Brewery ;) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Still a great pic my friend :) :thumbsup:

I think it's more than likely ;) :D :thumbsup:

Absolutely incredible Dan, thanks for the link :cool: The feats of engineering are indeed something to be marvelled at, and those navvies certainly got stuck in! :thumbsup: Not far from where I live is this Five-Rise Lock, which always amazes me :)

[​IMG]

Fantastic photos Dan, thanks for sharing them with us :) Have a fantastic time out in the boonies! :cool: :) :thumbsup:

Great pic of your Hartshead Barlow :) Nice to hear it's been getting some use, and is performing well :thumbsup:

Great to see you here mate, your pic made me think of this! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Beautiful photos Chin, what a view! :cool: Hope you're keeping well my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians :) Hope everyone has had a great weekend, especially you folks in the USA. Start of another week, have a good one Guardians :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

18. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging, Haegar, WHT and 10 others like this.
  19. Jolipapa

Jolipapa Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 4, 2015
    What about the French Canadians? ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rideau_Canal#Construction

CelloDan likes this.
  20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Cambertree and CelloDan like this.