Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    You’re most kind. Thank you Jack.

Jack Black likes this.
  2. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Took my Boy for his driving test today.
    Took along my favorite Rosewood Lamb for luck.
    Must have worked... He passed!!! :)
    [​IMG]
    Crappy picture of my Lamb, but a nice shot of his Honda. :D

mitch4ging, Half/Stop, WHT and 14 others like this.
  3. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    I agree with you completely Jack. I can still get the Bowmore 12, 15, and 18. Saving up my pennies (dollars) :eek: for the 18. Many of the named blends can be deciphered relative to age based on some of the "experts" web sites out there but for me ... I need to try them first at a whiskey bar before shelling out my money. Age statements on the label would be nice though.:)

Jack Black, rockman0 and K33ncutter like this.
  4. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    I might add to the Talisker and Bowmore list of tasty Scotch. Lagavulin The Distillers Edition is mighty tasty too!
    For a little color and Lambfoot content I have some Crocosmia “Lucifer”.
    [​IMG]

5. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Nice photo Les. Hard to beat a good single malt scotch. My problem is that I like so many of them (and so do my friends) so it's difficult keeping a ready supply on hand:D.

Jack Black, K33ncutter and rockman0 like this.
  6. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. rockman0

rockman0 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    I see the resemblance John, I have never been north of Los Angeles other than on my way to Vegas but that doesn't take me through Hollister Ca. Pretty country out there :thumbsup:
    Yes it does, nice whif of smoke in there, well balanced Scotch:thumbsup:
    I haven't bumped into the Distillers edition, note a huge variety in this town, next time I make it to a bigger city I'll look for it:thumbsup:

Jack Black, JohnDF and K33ncutter like this.
  8. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Great stuff! :) Congratulations to your lad John :) :thumbsup:

Oh yes Bill, there's quite a price leap between some of those malts! :eek: Trying a glass at a bar first is always a good idea, who wants to buy a pig in a poke?! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Good call Les :) Lagavulin 16 has been my favourite malt since I was in my 60's, and a favourite of @Onebigbill too I think :) I've not had The Distiller's Edition though, nor even seen it - though I walk around with my eyes shut half the time! :D Nice pic :thumbsup:

You should call round Bill, I've got a reasonable arsenal in at the moment! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Beautiful pics Dan :) :thumbsup:

Couple of pics from this evening :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    TFBraden, mitch4ging, WHT and 13 others like this.
  9. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Good day, Guardians. I hope everyone is well.

[​IMG]

TFBraden, mitch4ging, WHT and 18 others like this.
  10. K33ncutter

K33ncutter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Here is a picture I took when I got the Lagavulin. Didn’t realize it had been 5 years. :p
    [​IMG]

11. Cambertree

Cambertree Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2014
    LOL, cheers mate! Yeah, the flavours and scents of those three chilli powders are distinctly different. The Moruga Scorpion and Carolina Reaper approach ‘Weapons Grade’ level though!

I’m glad you’re enjoying the Ghost seasoning - it’s one of my favourites for flavour and heat. The ‘Ghost’ name is a bit of marketing that was applied to sell the chilli type in the US. It’s a regional chilli pepper from Nagaland in India called Bhut Jolokia. Apparently the people of the surrounding states credit the use of the chilli with contributing to the fierce tempers and headhunting practices of the tribes of Nagaland!

I tried to grow a few White Ghosts this past season, but unfortunately the cultivar doesn’t seem very stable yet. Most of the plants exhibited genetic leaf diseases, although I got a few pods, which were extremely flavourful.

This pic shows one of the white pods:
    [​IMG]

Thanks mi amigo, that’s a cracking picture, yourself. I love the textures of the stag and wood burl, it really looks great. And what superlative knives those Hartsheads are.

Thanks for the links and info on the Navvies too.

Cheers mate, yeah we had booked an AirB&B holiday house on Phillip Island a couple of weekends ago for my Mum’s 70th. Luckily we were able to go.

I was also very pleased that I got to take my Mum to a beach with some good binoculars and we spotted a pod of Orcas waaaayy out at sea, rounding up mackerel. The circling seabirds are what to watch for. When I say we saw Orcas, it was actually their black sail-like dorsal fins cutting the water, but it was still very cool.

Congratulations to your son on passing his drivers test. That’s a fine pup you have too. Here, we just call them Red Heelers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks Ron. Big Rosie’s looking great. I like that patina very much as it is. I’m thinking of stropping my Ol’ Ironsides clean again though - poking around in salty oyster shells has given it a few deeper patches of patina than I normally like!

Hey Dylan, whoa that’s a lovely bit of photography brother! Superb knife too and looks like a nice cigar and drop of whiskey to enjoy with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Cambertree

Cambertree Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2014
    (Oops, double post - might as well throw in a couple of extra pics from the coast.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    I'm away at the moment, so late to the discussion, but I enjoyed a tour of the Talisker distillery when I visited Skye five years ago. You get to taste a wee dram.
    [​IMG]

14. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    I saw that. I’m not sure if the nickname was an improvement or not. :D I feel like Capability Brown was mentioned here for some other reason not that long ago, or maybe I read something about him elsewhere.

Although I wouldn’t sit down and drink several pints of it, I did find Sam Smith’s Chocolate Stout enjoyable; it’s probably the most chocolate-tasting chocolate stout I’ve tried. :D I still have a few other beers left from my Sam Smith’s haul, too. :thumbsup:

Cool photo, John! :thumbsup: Eleanor watched Star Wars for the first time today.

I love Islay whisky! Lagavulin 16 is my favorite, but I probably drink more Laphroaig because it costs about half as much. :D

Nice photos, Rob. :thumbsup: I was racking my brain trying to think of where Hollister was in southern MO. Eventually had to look it up, then I felt like an idiot. I grew up in NWArk, and we took at least one family trip to Branson every summer for the majority of my childhood. :D

Another recycled Lambsfoot pic today.

[​IMG]

15. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
  16. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Les, plenty of info on the box. How did you find it compared to the standard 16? :thumbsup:

Very educational Chin, the names of those chillis sound intimidating! :eek: That's interesting about the Ghost chillis, I'm glad you're familiar with the seasoning. I'm not in need of a new hobby, but headhunting would be novel! :D That's a fantastic, colourful photo my friend :) :thumbsup:

Thanks pal, that's very kind of you :) I got quite lost in that song, it's been a while since I heard it, thanks :) :thumbsup:

That sounds like a great birthday Chin :) Many Happy Returns to your mum :thumbsup: Your '19 is looking good, and what fabulous scenery :thumbsup:

Cheers mate! :) That view is spectacular :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the bonus pics :) :thumbsup:

Hope you're keeping well Dave :) When I have been in Scotland, I have generally been doing as much walking and climbing as I can, and have never visited any of the distilleries. I really should correct that :thumbsup:

Here's me on Skye 12 years ago :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

LOL! :D I think I might have mentioned him a couple of months back in relation to landscaping on the same estate :thumbsup:

It's definitely much more chocolatey than the two chocolate stouts Saltaire Brewery do. I think I could only manage a pint of it :D Yes, I think I have the fruit beers still, and the Stingo :) :thumbsup:

GREAT pic! :D Nice crop from the 2018 harvest there my friend :) :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians, hope everyone's week got off to a good start :) I managed to get a bit of exercise in yesterday. Dull here again today, and I hope our summer is going to start picking up soon, July has been pretty rubbish so far. Have a good day Guardians :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

17. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging, cigarrodog, WHT and 12 others like this.
  18. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
  19. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Thank you. He just turned 21, he sure took his time. :D
    We also call them Red and Blue Heelers.
    Not sure why they changed the name from "Heeler" to "Cattle Dog"

You are raising her right, my friend. :cool::thumbsup:

Thank you. :)

Modoc ED, Prester John and btb01 like this.
  20. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]