Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

2. Dschal

Dschal

Mar 18, 2016
    Tropical Storm Fay bake. The storm mostly missed us.
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, Haegar and 16 others like this.
  3. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Good Morning Guardians and anyone else looking in.

I wanted to show off my Buffalo Horn covered knives but wanted to do something creative:rolleyes: with the picture. So!! I posed them so that the cinder block in the background was reflected in the blades.:cool: Top to bottom: "Lil-un"; "Big-un"; Standard.

[​IMG]

As a bonus, here's a "Lil-un" with Pere David stag with the rock it's sitting on reflected in the blade.:eek:

[​IMG]

Hmmmmm! This just might be a day for reflection.:)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Haegar, rockman0, Pàdruig and 14 others like this.
  4. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Looks like Damascus. ;)

Lol... :D:thumbsup:

Reaper AL, Jack Black and Modoc ED like this.
  5. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    Pretty "artsy" there, Ed! I like it!

6. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Very creative photography and very nice too.

Reaper AL, Jack Black and Modoc ED like this.
  7. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    It was a good day thanks John, and the rain held off :) :thumbsup:

Don't let Skoll drink coffee!!!! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

Great pic Dave, glad the storm passed on by :thumbsup:

Bill took the words right out of my mouth there Ed :) Cool idea, turned out really well :cool: Reflect on my friend ;) :thumbsup:

I had a good hike today, but it's 8.00pm nearly, and I still need to edit my pics, so I'll have to post them tomorrow I'm afraid, but here's my DamLamb out in the field ;) Hope everyone is having a great weekend :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

8. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Beautiful Lambsfoot Jack! :thumbsup: I’m glad your hike went well! :)

Jack Black likes this.
  9. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Running around gathering supplies for the next wave got me behind on my posting today! Hope y’all are all doing well! I’ve had Charlie’s Jigged Bone in the pocket along with two pals! :rolleyes: A domestic stag and a domestic 380! ;) :D

[​IMG]

TFBraden, rockman0, Pàdruig and 13 others like this.
  10. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    DamLamb is a very nice choice my friend.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Ron, vern nice photo of you WCLF

Reaper AL and Jack Black like this.
  11. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    Jose, that MM barlow is looking good.:thumbsup:

Pt-Luso likes this.
  12. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you Bill! :):thumbsup:

13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    I'm glad to hear the weather cooperated for you. :)

He needs it to chase the sun all day.

Excellent news! Glad you had a good one. :cool::thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  14. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Excellent image, Ed.

Lovely. Great outdoor shot, Jack.

Good Afternoon Guardians.
    641C8A2A-D546-4605-BDDE-04471510DFD6.jpeg

15. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Had my AC with my today along with another. Sadly, I didn't get to cut anything. I did use some food grade mineral oil on a cutting board, and decided to wipe down my two pocket knives with the excess while I was at it. It gave it a nice healthy sheen, even in the poor lighting.
    3D935E4F-B0DC-4FC8-B456-18AD2519079A_1_105_c.jpeg

TFBraden, rockman0, Pàdruig and 12 others like this.
  16. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    G,day all. How are all you forum members from America going, just watched an afternoon news service here and the scenes and numbers of the Corona virus are just frightening, i honestly do not know how you are all coping. I am concerned and thinking of you, please take care.

17. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks a lot Ron, I was out like a light last night! :D Great to see your WCLF :) :thumbsup:

Thank you Bill :) :thumbsup:

Thanks John, looks like a brighter day today, though I have a bit of work to do today :rolleyes: Hope I can at least get out for an hour or so later :thumbsup:

:D :thumbsup:

Thanks Harvey :) Nice doohickey :cool: Here's one of mine :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Looking good Joshua :) :thumbsup:

Sharing your sentiments my friend, take care folks :thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend, and that you have a relaxing and restful Sunday :) Just had my toast and marmalade with my Charlie Lamb :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

TFBraden, rockman0, Pàdruig and 8 others like this.
  18. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thank you for those kind words and thoughts! The bad thing here is we're still experiencing the first wave. When the next flu season hits on top of this Corona Crap I'm afraid our country is really in for some bad times! :(

Thanks Jack! I'm glad you rested well. I'm stirring early this morning. I may have to grab a nap later! ;) The WCLF Jigged Bone really hits a home run with me. They are really the only decent Jigged Bone offerings available in a current factory produced Lambsfoot. ;) I'm am so happy that Charlie could convince Bill Howard to build these. Nice looking toast and marmalade my friend. I hope you have a great day! :) :thumbsup:

Prester John likes this.
  19. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    The closest town of any size to me, other than Leeds itself, is Harrogate, and there's some beautiful countryside between the two. The small village of Pannal has ancient origins, but is little more than a Harrogate suburb today. While there is a general demand for more housing, on the small island I share with nearly 67 Million other people, because of the affluence of the area, the demand for housing is different to the average (bigger wallets, bigger houses). Over the past few years, I've seen a massive encroachment onto the green land surrounding Harrogate, with so many new houses built in the fields around Pannal, that its population must have increased considerably, possibly even doubling. For now, the building has mainly been on the Leeds side of the village, with the countryside between Pannal and Harrogate largely untouched, so I thought I'd go for a hike there while there is still some green space to walk in.

[​IMG]

I think most folks here will have heard of the fabric Crimplene, source material for so much dreadful clothing in the 1960's and 70's?

[​IMG]

I was amazed to discover, a few years ago, that is was actually named for the tiny River Crimple or Crimple Beck, which is so insignificant that it is unknown, even to most folks in Leeds, having been named by the local ICI laboratory which developed the fabric.

Since I last walked in the Crimple Valley, a new park has been built to provide sports fields and a running track to the growing populace, so we started off there, skirting the edge of some surprisingly popular football pitches. Dropping down to the River Crimple, I usually ford the beck at this point, but with all the rain we've had over the past couple of weeks, it was running too high to cross easily.

[​IMG]

Instead we continued along the river bank, then between hedges, into the centre of Pannal, which is almost as insignificant as the Crimple Beck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Passing the 14th century church, we headed into open fields.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As we continued through the fields, the barley growing on either side of the path had me half-tempted to re-enact a scene from Gladiator, or perhaps a former prime minister's "naughtiest moment" :rolleyes: :D

Eventually, the open countryside came to an end, and we entered dense woodland.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little Crimple Beck was still with us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the first wood came even denser woodland, with a very narrow path. Unfortunately, just as we were about to enter, half a dozen cyclists came out. They had eschewed the numerous local cycle trails, cycle paths, bridleways, lanes, and roads, to churn up a narrow public FOOTpath. Despite the beauty of the wood, the next section of the walk was not very pleasant, with the narrow path having been reduced to quagmire :mad:

Eventually we emerged into an ancient lane alongside fields, filled with newly-shorn sheep, and this year's lambs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A footpath took us between more fields.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This cheeky magpie had found a soft spot to relax :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We continued along the foothpath, which eventually brought us to the outskirts of Harrogate, where we donned our masks to catch the bus back home :thumbsup:

20. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Good morning Ron, I hope you slept OK despite the early start, but naps are always good ;) I agree my friend, they are outstanding, and I think the jigged bone is some of the best GEC have done. Charlie was very persistent in trying to get them to make a Lambsfoot, and I'm glad his pattern for the pattern eventually won out. I hope there'll be more one day :) Don't you have one of the smooth white bone versions too Ron? Thank you my friend, you too :) :thumbsup: