Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

rockman0, Pàdruig, WHT and 7 others like this.
  2. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Great photos Jack! :thumbsup: The 14th century church is quite beautiful! I'm glad there was nice weather. I'm sure the day was very enjoyable for y'all! :) :thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  3. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Jack! We're playing quote tag this morning! ;) I slept well, thank you. I went to bed a little early last night and my internal alarm (aka bladder) woke me after my usual 5 or 6 hours. :rolleyes:

I'm starting my morning off with a hot black coffee and a dandy of a Lambsfoot! Hope your weekend continues to be a good one my friend! :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

TFBraden, rockman0, Pàdruig and 11 others like this.
  4. Half/Stop

Jul 25, 2014
    I totally agree with you Jack. Charlie's persistence really payed dividends for us 'Lovers of the Lambsfoot"! And yes, I am one of the fortunate ones Jack. :D I have all three versions of Charlie's Lambs. I really need to make a new picture of the trio but this one is all I have for now! :D

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, Haegar and 14 others like this.
  5. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks, Gary.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Awesome horn, Gary.;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

7. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks a lot Ron, after so much time cooped-up it was certainly nice to get out and stretch my legs. I think Pannal is only about 10 miles away from me, but that's the furthest away I've been in over 3 months! :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

We are indeed my friend :D I know what you mean, I had an early night, but then woke up early too :rolleyes: I have never really been one for lying in, even as a teenager I always had too much to do! :D I've just had a black coffee with my WCLF :) :thumbsup:

I thought so Ron, it's great to see all three of them together :) Do you know how many were made in smooth white bone? :thumbsup:

8. Pt-Luso

Nov 8, 2014
    Thank you Bill, yes it is perfect.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    My Sunday Sausage Sammich :) :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

TFBraden, rockman0, WHT and 8 others like this.
  10. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    They'd probably tell you they've got their rights.

11. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    If it is Sunday then there is a sausage sammich somewhere in the world:D
    The WCLF h'aint bad either:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

12. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    Just splendid Ron:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jose, such a terrific lambfoot and with such character:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pt-Luso likes this.
  13. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    A lovely Charlie Lamb. :cool::thumbsup:

That's some beautiful scenery. So glad you got a hike in. :cool::thumbsup:

That's my favorite picture. Kind of fits the image in my head about what the country side looks like in England. :cool::thumbsup:

You're a lucky man indeed, Ron. Hard to pick a favorite out of those three. :cool::thumbsup:

I will join you in a Sunday Sausage Sammich a bit later. :D

cigarrodog, r8shell and Jack Black like this.
  14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    They'd have got short shrift! :rolleyes: They're allowed to cycle on bridleways, but not footpaths. There must be some very inconsiderate cyclists in the Harrogate area, because there are miles and miles of footpaths, which can barely be walked anymore because they've been ruined by mountain bikes. The paths end up being turned into six foot wide mud slides. The same happens to bridleways of course (where, legally, pedestrians and horses still have the right of way, which is routinely ignored). Then they tarmac them! o_O

15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks a lot John, enjoy your sausage sammich :) I've just had some cheese on Rich Tea biscuits, it worked pretty well! :D :thumbsup:

JohnDF likes this.
  16. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians.
    Time for my Recycled Sunday Lambsfoot picture...
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, rockman0, Pt-Luso and 7 others like this.
  17. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019

Jack, thanks the photographic summary of your stroll in the countryside. Very enjoyable to see it and the photo of your most excellent lambfoot knife.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JohnDF and Jack Black like this.
  18. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you kindly Bill :) :thumbsup:

19. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thank you, @cudgee, for your concern. The numbers are not good in Texas. We had several days this week with over 10,000 new cases reported. Without getting into the politics of leadership (and the lack thereof), I'll say Americans are a stubborn bunch, and Texans only more so. I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better.
    I'm lucky to be able to work from home this summer, and my friends and I are having some well-distanced outdoor picnics and Zoom happy hours...

I've not heard of Crimplene, but similar fabrics were popular here in the states. They were...colorful.

I'm glad you got a nice long hike in this weekend. It's expected to be around 105 degrees today, so I doubt I'll do much outside if I can avoid it. There's talk of having backyard brunch at the neighbor's but I doubt it will last long.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    TFBraden, rockman0, Pàdruig and 9 others like this.
  20. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    John, I see that the wolf is out and about!:D:thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.