Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Gold Member Gold Member

May 21, 2019
    Thought I would choose this one today but I may switch back to my "other" lambfoot later on.
    IMG_2451.JPG

TFBraden, rockman0, Pàdruig and 10 others like this.
  2. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    NO ONE touches my sourdough bread until it cools off for at least 2 hours ...
    OK !!! :cool:

[​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, Haegar and 12 others like this.
  3. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    You can't keep a good wolf down.

I can't promise anything. :D

Jack Black and CelloDan like this.
  4. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    That's terrible Rachel :( Glad you are keeping safe :thumbsup:

Really? Too young I guess ;) Maybe it wasn't as international as I'd thought :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

Thanks Rachel :) That's HOT! :eek: Hope you have a lovely day :thumbsup:

Well-guarded! :D Looks delicious Dan :) :thumbsup:

5. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Beautiful scenery Jack !
    Looks like you had a great walk
    My daughters have read James Herriot books several times .
    I can see the type of countryside he describes in his books.

Prester John and Jack Black like this.
  6. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thanks Dan, that is very much Herriot country, though I think they are set a little further north :) :thumbsup:

CelloDan likes this.
  7. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    It's already hot here this morning:( so it won't be long before the "Swamp Cooler" will be turned on.:) This Jack Adams Lambfoot will come in handy today although I'm not sure what it will come in handy for as I don't plan on doing anything today -nada, zip, zilch, zero, nothing.:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

rockman0, Pàdruig, Pt-Luso and 8 others like this.
  8. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    We had our own trends happening at that time. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

rockman0, flatblackcapo, WHT and 4 others like this.
  9. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    I'm sure you'll find something to use it for Ed, open a pack of biscuits or something :) Have a lazy day :) :thumbsup:

Oh, I remember The Osmonds! :D My sister spent several years swooning over Donny! :rolleyes: :D But bizarrely, I once had an encounter with him in Sheffield! :eek: It was about 1988 or '89 I think. As far as I know, I don't think he had much of a career then, and I have no idea why he would have been in Sheffield, maybe music or business related, or could have been something to do with his church I guess. I went into a bakery and sandwich shop in the city centre. It was lunchtime, and there were 15 or 20 people in the queue. Then I was aware that something was going on near the front of the queue, and it was Donny Osmond buying a sandwich! He was with a couple of other people. The women behind the counter all looked excited, as did some of those in the queue, but there was no big drama. The party got their order, he spoke to a few people, and they went. I found it all kind of weird. He was lucky my sister wasn't there, or he might have been carried off in a sack like Pamela Anderson! :eek: :D

10. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Three months is a long time Jack! :eek: We’ve traveled to Chattanooga for our local Sam’s club a few times since the troubles all started. It’s 20 miles from home. Of course we went to Jekyll Island before the 4th holiday. That’s 430 miles from home. When we got there we ate lunch in a favorite restaurant. It was the first time we had eaten in a restaurant since the 8th of March.

I bought my White Lambsfoot from Charlie @waynorth at the Rendezvous last year. Charlie and his wife were setup at a table on the front lawn at Great Eastern. Harry @Old Engineer and I had both paid Charlie before Bill brought the knives out to his table. I got Harry’s and mine at the same time. Sight unseen I got two tubes from Charlie. I handed one to Harry who was sitting on the front porch. If i’m not mistaken Charlie told me that Bill made 27 pcs of the White Bone to have at the Rendezvous. :) :thumbsup:

Nice sammich my friend! :) :thumbsup:

Thanks Bill! :)

Thanks John! Right place at the right time my friend! ;) :thumbsup:

Beautiful Ironwood John! :) :thumbsup:

Our cases have been steadily climbing since the first week of June. Something like 35% weekly. Tennessee does not have a state wide mask mandate. They leave it up to the counties to decide. Our county does not have a mandate, but the county next to ours does. This is far from being under control and definitely not going to be anytime soon. Pam works at home and at work on a rotation schedule. Her company is deemed as essential. They have enhanced PPE in effect. Unless they are sitting in their office with the door closed the have to wear masks and gloves. We always wear our masks when we go out. And we will continue as long as necessary. :(

We’ve had heat indexes here hovering near or above 100. It makes being outside for long a challenge. Your Ebony big’un is looking great! :) :cool:

cigarrodog likes this.
  11. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks. I hope you and Pam stay safe.
    Between the state/county/cities, we've got lots of contradictory mandates, and enforcement is pretty much nonexistent. We can only choose to be careful and avoid the "plague enthusiasts" as much as possible. ;)

12. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Yes, it is Ron, and I still haven't eaten out if you don't count chips at the market, and some falafel on another occasion. I had hoped to have a Thai lunch last week, but contrary to their sign, they weren't serving food until the evening. A lot of places here still haven't re-opened, and I guess some might not :(

That's a happy memory my friend, thanks for recollecting it :) I hadn't realised Joanne had been with Charlie :) He did well to get those knives out with all that happened last year, there's no stopping the feller! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Ron, it was tasty :)

What a year eh?! o_O I am thankful everyone is still here, and glad everybody is being careful. The numbers of deaths are appalling, and as you say Ron, we are a long way from out of the woods :( :thumbsup:

Another pic from my hike yesterday :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

TFBraden, rockman0, Pàdruig and 7 others like this.
  13. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Maybe he was there to buy a pocket knife?

Thank you, Ron. :)

Half/Stop and Jack Black like this.
  14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    You never know! :D I just had a look, and the shop is still there. I wonder if he ever goes back?! :D :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

15. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    And rightly so.

Jack Black likes this.
  16. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Thanks Rachel! I hope y’all stay safe also. I agree totally with the inconsistency from the local governments. It’s the same here! :)

Yes Joanne was there! :cool: Lyle actually sat at Charlie’s table some of the time also. You can only imagine the wealth of knife knowledge with those two together! :D It was great to see everyone. :cool: Especially Charlie with the issues he had last year! :thumbsup: I know this may sound strange to the ones here that know me, but deep down I’m really glad they canceled the Rendezvous. It’s just not a safe time for some of us older knife enthusiasts! :( I’m hopeful that next year will bring a much better time for us all! Your DamLamb is one more beautiful knife Jack! It’s such a treat to see it again! :) :thumbsup:

btb01, Peregrin, r8shell and 2 others like this.
  17. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    As promised...
    [​IMG]

Haegar, rockman0, Dschal and 9 others like this.
  18. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    What's wrong with that?
    [​IMG]
    (That's me on the right. Not a recent pic.)

19. JohnDF

May 14, 2018
    Noooooo... My "Stetson Wearing" image of you has been shattered. :(

20. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    All the guys were wearing leisure suits back then! That's the only one I ever had. Bad decade for fashion. :eek::p:D:cool:

flatblackcapo, Jack Black and JohnDF like this.