Guess my kid likes chopping

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Rasmus80, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Rasmus80

Rasmus80

Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  2. kniferMan

kniferMan KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 16, 2011
    That big guy looks like he'll be swinging that BWM in no time! Choking haha... Danish sounds cool! Thanks for sharing.

3. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    Haha, cute kid, a future Hog for sure:thumbup:

4. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    Danish! Lucky fellow! That kid is going to beast on a bwm someday

5. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    The kiddo seems pretty eager to explore the world.:thumbup: That "choking" comment made me lmao.:D Though agree with knifer, and trust me sounds better than many northern MN/WI accents. ;) Ever seen the movie Fargo? UGH.:grumpy: Only know a few that speak as such, I swear.;)

Rescently got a BWM. What a great knife. Keeper for me. Some more BWM thornography.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  6. Rasmus80

Rasmus80

Sep 21, 2011
    Thanks for the comments:)

This is the knife I am using. Got it af Blade '15.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am in the process of removing the Cerakote, that takes some time!

7. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    Beat it off. The more I see those cerakoye finishes, aged bronze etc, the more they grow on me.

8. Ulf Krogstad

Nov 19, 2013
    That's Busse blasphemy!!!!!!:eek: Why would you want to take off that great coating? That's a grail knife to many here and your gonna make it obsolete .:eek: I get stripping blades that aren't rare, but there isn't that many of those black/grey/white coated ones out there, please find someone to trade with for a LE Satin one instead of erasing that rare coating from existence.:eek:

Depressed enough now need a few morning beers . :D

I find your BWM more aesthetically pleasing than mine. Shame too MOD it but...... will look good no matter what.:D:thumbup:

By the way, does the MMD have a green/black coating?

9. Ulf Krogstad

Nov 19, 2013
    Nevermind, realize now your saying your planning on beating the coating off.:D:thumbup:

Lost half my remaining 1000 brain cells last night.😉

Awesome blades, jealous.:thumbup:

10. Stump Buster

Stump Buster Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    That's good child-rearing right there... Good Job Dad!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

11. Rasmus80

Rasmus80

Sep 21, 2011
    Actually, I am taking it off mechanically, using a wirebrush.
    The reason is, that I not too fond of how the cerakote feel. A little too smooth for my taste. And since it is a user, the looks of it, is not important to me.
    As for trading it, there is no way I can do that from where I am. Shipping, taxes and hysterical shipping companies make it difficult.

12. Great vid! But a BMW would have worked faster then a BWM! Lol just maybe a bit costly tho

13. Ulf Krogstad

Nov 19, 2013
    Too each his own, I think there is more than a few Hogs here that are from Scandinavian that would trade/buy you if didnt wanna mess around with international shipping and could just get one in Satin finish or something instead of stripping. Did they have any other color options for BWM's at Blade? How much were these ones going for? Hope there are more of these multi colored coating on blades released this year.

14. Ladams19

Ladams19 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Great post. Thank you. Always love seeing the kids out with Pops

15. Rasmus80

Rasmus80

Sep 21, 2011
    There were quite a few BWM cerakote options at Blade.
    I remember, the shark option, the flag option and this grey/white option. There were more I think.
    As I recall, I paid 347$ for mine.

16. Ulf Krogstad

Nov 19, 2013
    :eek::eek::eek: Dang! , that's such a nice price for that blade. Need to get to Bladeshow one of these years. Saw somebody else with the same configuration BWM you have while back and it's been on my "have to have" radar since. Though feeling very content with one I have. Can't say enough good things about it, so far. More outdoor testing needed. Springs coming soon.:thumbup:

17. AZTimT

AZTimT The Stripetition Finish Guy

Oct 15, 2009
    Too much fun!
    My oldest boy is getting close to the stage where he wants to hold every knife I have. :) I'm excited to share my knife interests with him yet I have also have to make sure he doesn't start chopping up our log home either. :eek:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  18. Robdude

Robdude Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Love it!! Welcome to the club little man!

19. Pokey1

Pokey1

Feb 6, 2011
    That is great! Babies laughing makes anyone laugh just from listening to it. :thumbup: Adorable kid, Rasmus!

20. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    That is Awesome my friend.

Garth