1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

H.I. Kothimoda Katana Raffle for 8/9

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Karda, Aug 9, 2012.

1. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Don't sweat it, Pete. I'm sure there'll be another Kothimanda Katana for $25 in no time at all. That is, never. :(

-- Dave

I'm happy to say that last week I received the "regular" katana with the koa wood handle, and it's a beauty. I've worked with koa before and I plan to polish this handle until it glows in the dark. (Not the best thing for "grippiness," perhaps, but this is not exactly a "user.")

Now all I need is a book or tutorial on how to handle a katana, or at least look like you know how. It seems so easy in the Toshiro Mifune movies. One thing immediately obvious is that you don't want to be swinging this 36" sword indoors. And you need to be aware of the location of all your limbs (and everyone else's limbs) when swinging it.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  2. davidf99

davidf99 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Duplicate. Previous message was sent twice for no apparent reason.

3. PeteG1027

PeteG1027

Feb 25, 2010
    Your right, I have no idea what a boxie is.. You better believe that I'll know for next time around though!!! :) Congrats to the lucky winner.. You have a beautiful Katana coming your way. Use it, or display it proudly...

4. balew6254

balew6254

Feb 3, 2008
    Congratulations to the winner!
    B

5. falar

falar Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2012
    No pics from the lucky winner yet?