1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hats & Knives

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by MrVandercar, Nov 12, 2013.

1. cudgee

cudgee Gold Member Gold Member

May 13, 2019
    Your photo did not come up on my post. Really like to see your hat.:confused:

2. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Just got this nice Case medium stockman yesterday and it's worth showing.I am very pleased with the f&f and the blade pulls on this one.It'll be in my pocket a lot.
    [​IMG]

3. scrteened porch

scrteened porch Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I love the xx18. Which surprised me, because I generally like a broad clip.
    The yellow one below is CV. I bought it at a hardware store to reward them for carrying Case. The burgundy one I bought on sale online to have the same thing in stainless. The open Camillus is the first expensive knife I bought for myself, and got into this picture by fooling me into picking it up when I was fishing for the yellow Case.
    [​IMG]

4. Duper

Duper Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Yeah, thanks! I have fixed it up.

,,,Mike in Canada

5. Duper

Feb 5, 2016
  6. Duper

Feb 5, 2016
    My Akubra Banjo Paterson in graphite grey and a nice Case full size Copperlock in green jigged bone.
    Geeze this photo posting still has me a bit out of control.

,,,Mike in Canada

Ripcord 82 likes this.
  7. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    "Na you're doing fine". Nice hat.

Ripcord 82 likes this.
  8. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Akubra cassablanca & sak handyman today.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Nevada summertime:

[​IMG]

Not so much summertime. Lisa still carries the knife though, just changed hats:

[​IMG]

Wyoming? Nevada? Cali? Nope, France, a French cowboy carrying one of my knives.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made his wife a pair of leggings:

[​IMG]

New Zealand, a couple of wedding presents for bride and groom from the grooms brother:

[​IMG]

Making a belt for a BF member in Germany:

[​IMG]

Doc getting ready to do some dentistry on one of my horses:

[​IMG]

Crazy Canuck, Mongo, JOELSM and 9 others like this.
  10. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Just magnificent country, and beautiful horses, especially the roan.

Lansky1 likes this.
  11. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    The weather is changing here also, days longer and some strength in the sun, though still very cold in the morning. This is my bush hat and my Dri-Azabone. The hat has a broad rim which you need here in summer. The coat keeps out the wind and water, they are fantastic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The knife is an Eye Witness Bunny Knife.

peanutsxx, Duper, redsparrow and 7 others like this.
  12. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    What hat is that? I really like it.

13. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    It is a wool hat that i saw and liked years ago, i use it when out in the bush or doing any sort of dirty work. It is beat up a bit, but still does it's job.

Cutfinger and Pomsbz like this.
  14. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    Dang, I was hoping for something I could buy. :)

Ripcord 82 likes this.
  15. cudgee

May 13, 2019
    Have a look at the Akubra website. They will have something you will like, and ship overseas, also have outlets overseas. If i can help, let me know.:thumbsup:

Pomsbz likes this.
  16. mitch13

mitch13 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2004
    Check out the federation lV model, similar style or open crown. Several different colours and grades. Made by Akubrara exclusively for Katoomba based the Hattery .
    Hatsdirect.com

Pomsbz likes this.
  17. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Also,check out David Morgan's website. I believe they are in Oregon, if I am remembering right. That's where I bought all my Akubras.They have lots of good stuff.

Pomsbz likes this.
  18. Pomsbz

Pomsbz

Jul 31, 2015
    Thanks all!

19. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011

Yeah I was just gonna say that David Morgan carries those hats. Seattle I think.

Pomsbz likes this.
  20. Horsewright

Oct 4, 2011
    Lisa and her husband Troy ride and train a lot of mustangs. They have been longtime (15-20 years) customers/friends of ours. Made em all their leggings and knives/sheaths, wool vests, belts, holsters, wildrags etc. They've since separated, still talk with Troy once in a while, lost track of Lisa:

[​IMG]

They both always carried a large knife in that small of the back local. Fact Troy designed my Sonoran Camp Knife model and has the very first. Troy in the white shirt:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My friend Ben in Ark likes to hunt. He sells my knives in his gun store too. Kinda looks like an Akubra hat and he's got one of our wildrags on too:

[​IMG]

My son Logan calling for the disinfectant after castrating a claf a few years ago.

[​IMG]

Lansky1, JOELSM, Ace Rimmer and 4 others like this.