Have you ever had to stash a knife? Where?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Daniel Dorn, Mar 10, 2011.

1. kvaughn

kvaughn Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Got stuck at the Hartford airport with an Al Mar Ultra-lite. Went to the magazine/snack store and put it on the floor behind and under a display in the corner. Came back a week later and picked it up. So much for house keeping!--KV

2. hoopster

hoopster

Jan 12, 2007
    My wife had a knock off delica that we had to leave at the hotel in Nashville before flying to Cancun for our honeymoon. We gave it to the clerk at the hotel desk and said do whatever you want with it. He just had a strange look on his face.

She has also found a few knives in the bushes at work near city and federal buildings.

3. redvenom

redvenom

Aug 15, 2000
    Only once at a local theme park. Apparently some dignitary was visiting that day and they had the whole hog: police at the entry gates, sniffer dogs, metal detectors and a long queue at the gates which gave me some time to look around for likely spots to stash my microtech mini-socom that i usually carry. I ended up placing it beneath a fairly large flower pot in a remote corner. I retrieved it at the end of the day none the worse except for a watering by the park staff.

4. type00rev

type00rev

Sep 29, 2008
    I had to stash my CQC-7 in a flower pot outside the Holocaust Museum in DC!!!

5. jayinhk

jayinhk

Apr 25, 2006
    Lost a small custom mammoth tooth scaled folder with a 'wave' in the Philippines last month. I had just added it to my EDC rotation and it was in my weak side front pocket. I cleared the first security check--they felt my flashlight clipped to my back pocket and I showed it to them. Right before the second security checkpoint, I realized I had my new folder in my pocket. DOH. I didn't want to try and stash it in my bag as it would've looked obvious, so I just walked through the detector and it was found. They take security really seriously in Manila. The airport security guy was pretty upset about it. I told him I'd forgotten it was there because it was a new knife. I told him to keep it and he said, "OK!" so readily I was kicking myself afterwards for not asking him if there was some way I could keep it. :(

6. Samnsc

Samnsc

Mar 22, 2009
    County Courthouse. I walked up to the entrance/security station manned by a couple of Sheriff's Deputies and remembered I was carrying the small stockman Oldtimer that had been my dad's. The deputies wouldn't hold it for me. I looked at the oldest deputy and said, 'This knife was my dad's. I'm dropping it in the monkey grass by the sidewalk right outside the door. I need you to tackle anybody you see messing around in that grass." He laughed. I walked out and dropped the knife in the grass up against the concrete of the sidewalk, came back in and went on to court.
    1.5 hours later I walked out, picked up my knife from the grass where I had left it and went back to my office.