Have you guys seen this Purge stuff ?

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by David Brown, Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
    Weird,

Cleveland

Florida

And Kentucky ?

Be safe either way Hogs.

2. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    wot??
    More info, yo.

3. Izhmash

Izhmash

Dec 5, 2009
    Lock down, slam the bolt home and sit quietly....

4. prisoner6

prisoner6

Aug 7, 2003
    I'm not following. Like the movies?

5. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 4, 2001
  6. -BEEF-

-BEEF-

Dec 28, 2011
    like the movies indeed. apparently there have been some "threats" on social media of a purge type event in some cities. I wouldn't take it to heart but it never hurts to be prepared. you never know what one idiot on the internet could start.

7. Sigarett

Sigarett Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Mr. Brown,
    I live in Louisville, KY and the Purge stuff is all over the place. There is one thing I can tell you for sure, if anybody attempts to kick in my door, rob me or hurt my family.............I'm the one who's gonna being doing the purging. My house would be the wrong one to kick in.

But in all reality, I think its mostly a social media myth but at some point you have to start wondering if people don't create a self fulfilled prophecy with the anxiety it is causing some folks in the community. People of all ages are talking about it here locally and law enforcement is saying they are prepared and have beefed up for the weekend.

I say bring it on!!

Joel

8. shrapnelwound

shrapnelwound

Sep 26, 2011
    Seems like fake hype to get free promotion for an upcoming movie........

9. Sigarett

Sigarett Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Movies been out for a year..........I was told it sucked. Big surprise.

10. shrapnelwound

shrapnelwound

Sep 26, 2011

Well I've never heard of it. Maybe it is coming out on DVD soon.

11. CubeLW

CubeLW

Jul 16, 2014
    I live in Florida and I think it may be somewhat true. Yesterday when I was chopping overgrowth with my Gelbu, some teen thugs came walking around in a group with sticks yelling and cussing. Course nothing happened. I think they realized that a twig ain't gonna do much to 5160 steel.

Edit: Just read the report. Lol that everything legal is too cheesy to believe. Riots I believe. Legal crimes? Nope

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  12. Don't drop it.

Don't drop it. Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2014
  13. Krav

Krav Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 6, 2013
    Lamestream media eats this stuff up. The locks on my doors are not for my safety.

14. Zymologist

Zymologist

May 21, 2012
    Haven't seen it but it sounds like hype. I hope no one would be stupid enough to follow something like that. Keyword hope.

15. voracious1

voracious1

Aug 10, 2011
  16. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    I am just glad that I live in a rural area. I think if something like that is going to happen it will be a lot closer to the cities. A bunch of want to be thugs wouldn't stand much of a chance out here. Hopefully its just people blowing smoke.

17. jobasha11

jobasha11

Oct 9, 2013
    Interesting concept for a movie but terribly done.

18. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    Come out to my corner of the corn field. We will see who ends up purged.

Garth

19. David Brown

Jun 4, 2001
    I am with you guys and I like to think better of the masses but I have seen some stupid stuff that I never thought would happen, happen.

Be careful out there.

the best trick the devil ever did was convince people he did not exist.

20. devil07

devil07

Sep 26, 2008
    And yet they released a second one apparently. Although, according to IMDB, it was released last month, so this shouldn't be a marketing campaign for that one either. I'm sure there are still enough freedom loving Americans in KY that it should go too far down there, if it actually even happens. Other areas, I'm not too familiar with. In some cities, possibly more prone to this, I'm sure it wouldn't seem far from "business as usual".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.