'Hawk movies

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Cpl Punishment, May 9, 2009.

1. blade man

blade man

Jan 8, 2001
    In the 13th Warrior, Edgtho uses a small hand ax with a spike.

2. babakanoosh45

babakanoosh45

Oct 6, 2006
    Wasn't there some hawk-play in "Jeremiah Johnson" with "Robert Redford"?:confused:

3. PantherCadet

PantherCadet

Aug 8, 2006
    Ah, yes. The most memorable scene is the fight with the first of many Crow warriors sent to kill Jeremiah after he wipes out the raiding party.

4. Dusty One

Dusty One Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Underworld rise of the Lycans Quick showing of a spike hawk...

5. SLOW2RUN

SLOW2RUN

Feb 16, 2004
    US Army RANGERS, got their name from this move in 1941, IKE didn't want to call them commando's, so this move was review at the war dept and the ranger name was chosen .The first American Ranger coy was organized in !846 ,for the war with Mexico at San Antonio TX and was an all volunteer Texas unit, When more coy where added it became The 1th Texas Ranger Ret, and was disbanded at the end of that war and reorganize for the civil war 1861, its name was change by the South to the 8th Texas carvery " Terry's Texas Rangers " Note Rogers and his Rangers were traitors, who work for the British in the war for American independence ,guess the war dept doesn't read history.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  6. omniviking

omniviking

Feb 9, 2008
    Mountain Men, Bryan Keith and Charleton Hesston.

7. salem65

salem65

Dec 11, 2009
    Valhalla Rising
    One Eye uses a hawk throughout the film.

8. Rev

Rev I SHOULD LURK MORE. EDIT: I STILL SHOULD CONTINUE

Mar 28, 2002
    The prince of persia movie has a pretty decent axe fight.

Not a hawk but still a cool scene.

9. longfletch27

longfletch27

Jul 30, 2009
    holy crap! why have i never heard of this movie, i just watched the trailer on youtube....i have to find it now :D

thanks!

10. Ekalb2000

Ekalb2000

Feb 7, 2010
    Centurion, its got some war hawk scenes in it. A few big axes. Tons of fighting.

11. Bladeforumer

Bladeforumer

Jul 23, 2009
    I am thinking about "Jeremiah Johnson" and "Little Big Man", but can't remember the exact scenes. Check it out tho'.
    Check out too the "Arn" movies. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61exeRGy2Ac (7:40 AND AFTER)
    In the new "Robin Hood" there is one nice hatchet throw and if my memory doesn't lie me, in the final battle Robin is using a hawk.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  12. hawkhead

hawkhead

Aug 13, 2008
    I remember the hawk fight between Davey Crockett and the chief of the Creek indians.
    Also the movies: "The Big Sky" with Kirk Douglas and "Hiawatha"

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  13. savagesicslayer

savagesicslayer

May 24, 2005
    He wasn't a traitor by choice.He first approached the Continental congress but they turned him down on account of him being a drunk.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rogers_(soldier)

14. redvenom

redvenom

Aug 15, 2000
    Ginger Snaps Back (2004)

Prequel to Ginger Snaps and Ginger Snaps II. A werewolf flick set in 19th century Canada where Nathaniel Arcand as "Hunter" carries and uses a small arsenal of weapons including tomahawks. Not much gratuitous nudity though so may have slipped under the B-movie radar...

15. 2manyknives

2manyknives

Aug 9, 2006
    Alvin Purple Rides Again

16. Edwood7

Edwood7

Mar 31, 2010
    The 80´s TV show war of the worlds had a guy named Paul Iron Horse that used a tomahawk in the series. I think he threw one at an alien in one episode…It’s the fist memory I have of a tomahawk, and i remember that i wanted one ever since. Mi Sayoc Winkler hawk granted that wish.

.. You can see him carrying on in this youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mEYROcRtT0

17. Liam Ryan

Liam Ryan

Sep 26, 2005
    Vec beat me to it with black robe, that was a good movie, got it on VHS.
    In Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman Sully finds a reason to throw his tomahawk in every other episode or so,
    that was my first experience with them as a kid, anyway, it was great. :)
    He can be seen throwing it in the opening credits.
    [youtube]o5h052g5-Rs[/youtube]

DiCapprio's character has a hawk in his hands for the final battle actually, can't see in these pics but it has a weight at the bottom of it, like a mace, as well.

Spoiler

I was so mad when that battle didn't actually happen!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  18. BryFry

BryFry

Jul 29, 2009
    ....is it just me, or does the guy on the far right holding the big axe look like Chuck Norris??

19. Kentucky

Kentucky

Dec 13, 2008
    You know Im kind of a "B" movie fan and I like Ginger snaps back :p

20. jw2n

jw2n

Sep 22, 2009
    Gary Cooper in "The Unconquered".
    Al Pacino in "Revolution"