1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hellcats

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by Daado, Aug 2, 2015.

1. mete

mete Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2003
    52100 deserves and needs better HT than done with a torch !!!
    Skeletonizing is better with a few large holes rather than many small ones ! Just leave 1/8" between holes and hole to edge.

2. alex451

alex451 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 23, 2014
    I own one of these Hellcats and they are Absolutely Perfect
    Best knife for price I`ve seen in quite awhile.
    Definately going to buy another

3. AlaskanHunter

AlaskanHunter

Nov 23, 2013
    From his description and pictures, I'm pretty sure he is referring to drawing back the temper on the handle with a torch.

4. Daado

Daado KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 5, 2015
    I thought about that... :D Thanks!

Thank You! Glad You like it.

You're right. I use torch after HT, to additionally heat knife tang. I don't use it for heat treatment itself.

5. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications. Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 27, 2014
    I am Still looking forward to getting my hands on one of your knives.
    I need to sell a knife or two of mine to have the spare cash.

6. Daado

Daado KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 5, 2015
    Thank You. No worries, i make them all the time :)

One of those three is finished. Walnut burl with horizontal carry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Kingsize

Kingsize

Mar 29, 2013
    I don't post a whole lot, but I had to log in to say; this is absolutely awesome. The story that goes with it makes these some really great pieces. Good job!

Jason

8. Daado

Apr 5, 2015
    Thank You Jason.

9. Mecha

Mecha Madscienceforge.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 27, 2013
    Daado awesome, I love your ball bearing blades!

10. Park Swan

Park Swan

Mar 15, 2016
    So cool! I will stay tuned to keep seeing you use piece of that tank! Be careful out there.

11. balrog558

balrog558

Nov 26, 2013
    This is one of the coolest threads I've seen in a while.

Patrick

12. Daado

Apr 5, 2015
    Thanks guys, much appreciated.

New batch, cleaned and rough profiled.

[​IMG]

13. JakeMakes

JakeMakes

Mar 8, 2016
    Somehow no one has the biggest question of this thread; where the heck in all of God's creation did you find that tank! Wish I lived where you do.....

14. bootzon

bootzon

Dec 30, 2015
    How can one buy one of these knives? I have a friend that was armor and would probably be interested in a knife that ties to his tank days in combat.

15. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications. Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 27, 2014
    Just shoot Dalibor (That's his name) an email or visitors message with your email or contact info, please keep in mind that he lives in Croatia and his clock is 6 hours ahead of ours.

That being said, he is a Great guy to work with and does Everything in his power to accommodate your requests and is Very easy to communicate with.
    -------
    Just to make it easier on all parties involved, I send my measurements in "mm" as opposed to inches. Just use an online conversion calculator to ease translation of dimensions.

16. jsm11

jsm11

Nov 5, 2014
    Email sent sir...

Awesome thread...

I would very much like one of these...:)

17. bootzon

bootzon

Dec 30, 2015
    Thanks NJB.

18. NJBillK

Mar 27, 2014
    No problem. I am having a knife built by Dalibor as we speak. Just waiting to decide on liner color.

19. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    I have one of his non " Hellcat" blades of the same style. Very nice useful knife.

20. Daado

Apr 5, 2015
    It's the benefit of living in strange places... You never know what you'll find tomorrow :)

Thanks for kind comments guys. Much appreciated