1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 24 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Benchmade 535 Bugout, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Hellcats

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by Daado, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Daado

Daado KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 5, 2015
    Last batch finished

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hugofeynman likes this.
  2. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications. Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 27, 2014
    Nice looking pieces! I Love that second one!

There is someone in general chat asking for input on an edc fixed blade.

I left a post in the thread with an older edc model shown and it's stats, as well as a message directing him Your way.
    These knives seem like they would be up his alley. Check the thread out if you want to send him a visitors message,

3. Chris Larrikin

Chris Larrikin

Jul 19, 2012
    Are these the last of the Hellcat bearing knives, or just the latest? ie have you now used up all of the bearings?

4. NJBillK

NJBillK Custom Leather and Fixed Blade modifications. Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 27, 2014
    Damn, I didn't read it like that!
    I Hope not! I will be doing some scrounging for funds for that second one if that is the case!

5. Daado

Daado KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 5, 2015
    Thanks guys.
    No, they are not the last of Hellcats. I will make more of them.

6. Goatneck Knives

Goatneck Knives

May 18, 2016
    Very cool use of historic material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. daggerscove_knives

daggerscove_knives

Jun 11, 2015
    Such a great reuse of materials!

8. Robert Erickson

Robert Erickson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 2, 2014
    Can't believe I missed this thread until now. Very cool back story for your knives!

9. Daado

Apr 5, 2015
    Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

Another pair finished

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Daado

Apr 5, 2015
    New batch on the way. This time i tried to forge them in EDC and Bird&trout style.

[​IMG]

11. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    I like them

12. Daado

Apr 5, 2015
    It's been a while since i forged one of these...
    I don't weld them to a handle any more, so there is no ugly part at the end, and i get some more material to use.
    Heat treated and ready for handle work.

[​IMG]

Tutone likes this.
  13. Daado

Apr 5, 2015
    From ball of steel...
    [​IMG]

...to a blade
    [​IMG]

That's the beauty of forging :)

hugofeynman, Hengelo_77 and Tutone like this.
  14. Daado

Apr 5, 2015
    ...and two finished
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hugofeynman and Tutone like this.
  15. burddogg

burddogg

Jul 9, 2008
    Can't wait to see the vintage micarta on this one Dalibor! Ladies and gentleman, Dalibor has really developed world-class knives. I have a forged clever from him and it is a laser and finely constructed. Thanks my friend!

Tutone likes this.
  16. Tutone

Tutone Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2017
    100% agree with you @burddogg‼️

17. Daado

Apr 5, 2015
    Thanks very much gentlemen.
    Much appreciated

18. Zemapeli

Zemapeli

Jan 26, 2013
    Wow, way cool. This is an old thread

19. Daado

Apr 5, 2015
    Thanks

20. Daado

Apr 5, 2015
    Two more...
    Different shapes than before.
    Stabilized walnut, black G10 liners and brass
    [​IMG]