Hello from Amy

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Amy-0, May 4, 2020.

1. Amy-0

Amy-0 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Mar 8, 2006
    Hi from Amy-0. I wanted to say Thank You All so much for the heartfelt wishes during this VERY difficult time in my silly selfish life. My wonderful Dad had been fighting for so long (He was Strong like Bull). If you know me at all, I am an organizer and called all of the people that I could to help US during this difficult journey. My Dad liked to sit in his garage (He built screens a long time ago). We got it ready for him and on Friday April 24th we got him out there to enjoy the warm weather. He got to see his kids, grandkids, and great grandkids. My heart was very heavy because I knew it would be the last time. My wonderful dad wanted his coat and his favorite hat. Yes, everyone that is the hat he has on in these pictures. I was with my Dad thru it all. He was a very proud man. Sadly my Dad died on Friday morning. I miss him so much. Please send thoughts and prayers to ALL of US. It truly is a lot. I love you all so much. XOXO

Dad B 2 (2).jpg

JohnM, P-Easy, blackhat and 18 others like this.
  2. Gravelface

Gravelface Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Deepest condolences from the entire Gravel clan.

3. fbusmc

fbusmc Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 28, 2008
    My heart goes out to you and your family Amy. These times are never easy, you are in my prayers

4. 6850

6850 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    My prayers are with you & your family Amy...
    You did very good in a heart wrenching situation...
    Good on you ma’am, your hubby too...

AntDog likes this.
  5. Baoh

Baoh

Jul 4, 2013
    We have never met but just wanted to say it sounds as though you helped/gave your Father the greatest send off one could ask for. My Mom (14 Yrs.) and Dad (4 yrs.) have passed. Mom in the hospital (Cancer), Dad in a Hospice center (Stroke).

To die at home among Family and Friends is well......I dunno to each his/her own. Sounds good to me.

Again, we don't know one another, but I think it was very honorable that your Father accepted his situation rather than fight when, well you know. My Father lived his life in the same manner. Sometimes the treatment is much worse than the disease.

I heard this quote a while back that I'll paraphrase but it really resonates with me. "You die twice, when you physically die, and the the last time one speaks your name." -Bansky (??)

GodSpeed in these difficult times.

6. PABladeGuy

PABladeGuy Platinum Member Platinum Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Your dad was a very lucky man to have all the family there.
    My deepest condolences.

7. Currawong

Currawong Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 19, 2012
    I'm really sorry for you Amy, and can I heap a thousand blessings on your Dad.

I lost my Dad two months ago under similar circumstances. He'd been fighting cancer for two years. Every day was a struggle for him to keep going, but he tried really hard. When he was told the treatment was no longer working, he finally stopped fighting. He stopped eating and then stopped drinking and gradually went to sleep. Before we got him into the hospice I was helping him or carrying him to the bathroom every day and throughout the night, and had almost no sleep for several days, so I know how that feels.

It's one of the hardest things you can ever do. But also one of the most important. He was very lucky to have you.

Andrew.

David Lennon likes this.
  8. Thesian

Thesian Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Amy,

Thanks for sharing your great story that sound like any Dad would be proud to call the end as described by their daughter. My family prays for your family in this time of great sorrow and change. Look to God, dear lady...he will lead you to a better place in time.

John

9. Mike Pierson

Mike Pierson Freedom is not Free Gold Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Lots of prayers for your family coming, sorry for your loss Amy-O.
    Stay strong.

10. tuica

tuica Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2013
    All my best thoughts - from Richmond, Virginia - during this very difficult time. Be as well as you possibly can...T

11. AntDog

AntDog Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Apr 3, 2001
    Prayers and condolences to you and yours. You’re a good person, sincerely. I’m sure your Pops knew that.

6850 likes this.
  12. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    ...... this right there. Never ever underestimate what a wonderful it is that you have all done to surround him with care, love and the PEOPLE he cares about at the end. This no doubt brought him a sense of conclusion and fulfillment that most o us will not understand till we are taking our final steps in this world.

I know and understand the hurt and pain you are felling now but do please take heart from knowing you did ALL you could for him.

You remain in our thoughts down here.

Andy

13. David Brown

David Brown Kydex Sheath and Holster Artist :) Moderator

Jun 4, 2001
    My Dear friend, we are so very sorry for the loss of that great man.
    Nancy and I are sending prayers of comfort to you and your whole family.

Lots of love to you and your family

David and Nancy.

14. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Hang in there. :thumbsup:

15. Nuter

Nuter Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2020
    Dear Amy,
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us, I hope that this and our prayers and words of support will ease your pain.
    All I can say is that i'm deeply sorry for your loss, it's good however that you had this chance to spend time together.
    May the force be with you.

16. Ironkid883

Ironkid883 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2018
    May god speed his journey .
    Life is hard these days with everything going on and then life happens .
    Condolences to you and yours amy .
    Losing a parent sucks .
    Blessings from ireland. I'll blaze a fire for him tonight for the bealtaine fire festival .

David Lennon and Baoh like this.
  17. WLJ4163

WLJ4163 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2006
    I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

18. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    We all love you, Amy.

Prayers for all of you.

19. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    May Jesus comfort you.
    Sorry for your loss.

vkp78 likes this.
  20. oge14

oge14

Jun 14, 2007
    Smoke coming down the mountain for ya Sis.

Sorry for your loss.