1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hemp Wrapped Fiddlebacks - Rusticwrap Review & Photos

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by FeralGentleman, Apr 22, 2016.

1. LaRueOBR556

LaRueOBR556

Dec 1, 2015
    From camping trip this last weekend. My son and his primitive knife he carved using the hemp Nessmuk.
    He told me when he finished-"Dad..check out my knife I carved. I feel so accomplished. :D"
    Followed up by- "I think I need my own knife like yours Dad."
    We did a ton of fire prep with this knife and after a few passes on strop it's shaving sharp again.

A big thank you to Mr. Roy and all the guys gals at Fiddleback Forge

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bmurray likes this.
  2. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Neato pic. Made my day.

3. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman RansomWildernessCo Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 13, 2013
    Good stuff. That Muk looks great in his hands... I think you should surprise him with one [emoji2]

We've been keeping the rusticwrapped Nessmuk and WAS Shortmuk around the firepit over the summer. You are right with the a2/o1, something to strop on will get you a lot of mileage between touchups

4. Riverwarrior

Riverwarrior

Sep 17, 2010
    [​IMG]

Aias likes this.
  5. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    Sweet Riverwarrior

Who made the sheath?

6. Riverwarrior

Riverwarrior

Sep 17, 2010
    I have no idea. I have a box full of sheaths and I just pulled that one out to use :D

7. Riverwarrior

Riverwarrior

Sep 17, 2010
    [​IMG]

8. Guhul

Guhul

Oct 30, 2015
    Good taste Riverwarrior....Bell's is from my hood!....that muk is very nice too :thumbup:

9. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Cool Pics!

10. blood604

blood604

Jul 25, 2012
    I'm hoping to shark one of these some day too!!!

Who is Allen and where can I get one of these too????!!! What size blade/handle is it??

Thanks!!!

11. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
  12. blood604

blood604

Jul 25, 2012
    Thanks Vance!! Just earlier today I was there are W.A. Surls Wednesdays!!! I'll be checking these out when I can now too

13. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Be sure to check the preview unlock at about 8:15. You can see some good pics of what's up that evening, and see if you'd like something from the batch. There's also a group of us that signs on every Wednesday, regardless of if we are trying to claim a knife or not. If you need help, or have questions, we're all glad to give a hand.

If you look back through the W.A. Surls sales you'll see that Allen has quite a few different models and styles he's experimented with. For example, a little while ago he was making quite a few based on the Loveless design. Some real beauties! I've found that if you mention what you hope to see in his "Wish List" thread, you just might see it pop up a few weeks or months down the road. You've just got to be patient, and diligent. Things come and go...and come back around again...in cycles. Some of these wrapped knives come up in the Fiddleback sales threads as well on Fridays, so keep your eyes open.

If you have questions about various models, handles, wraps, or just need general info on how the system works - or how to get some help on Wednesdays - throw it out there and one of us will surely jump in to help you out.

One other thing friend. I'd strongly suggest you consider a Gold membership in the forum. The fee is minimal, and gives you private message privileges so that you can have (and store) conversations behind the scenes. It's been instrumental for me - both in my collecting, as well as creating friendships on here. It also helps support the Forum. If you think you'll be visiting often, you'll find it's very helpful. And you get to post a really pretty picture next to your name! Just a suggestion.

Tony

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  14. Vpetrell

Vpetrell

Jul 14, 2015

I know this is an old thread, but I’ve been looking for a way to seal some of my handles I’ve wrapped. What do you use after that you brush on? Is it blo? Another type of epoxy?

Your blades are aweosme! I’ll have one one day soon!

VP

varga49 likes this.
  15. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    it's West Marine 105

varga49 and Vpetrell like this.
  16. Vpetrell

Vpetrell

Jul 14, 2015
    Thank you!

VP

17. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    It would be cool to see some rustic wraps start showing up again! I never did get one of those...

18. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Good idea.

Outpost Allison likes this.
  19. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    I might default on my mortgage if you guys start up the Rustic Wraps again...

Whatever you do, don't make a 3/32" OSK, PK, or SD in Rustic Wrap. :D

Outpost Allison, Lady1911 and VANCE like this.
  20. Tutone

Tutone Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Surls Dart & Pocket Puukko with KE Bushie & Forager 4B8E5C4F-A585-42F2-9EFA-E983E2D17429.jpeg