1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

HI Medallion Give Away- (Spring Medallion Passaround Thread)

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by pageophile, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Your in!

2. Shaggy

Shaggy

Jan 30, 2012

Thank you.

3. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Well boys and girls I finally remembered to perform the drawing this morning. I carefully went through the thread and my noted PM's to make sure everyone was accounted for.
    Did the paper in the bowl trick and had my son with eyes closed picked one.

The much coveted medallion will be residing with Karda for the next year.

Please send me a mailing address and I'll get it carefully packaged up and headed your way.

4. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Congrats Karda! Well deserved:thumbup:

5. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Wow!...... I'm Speechless.
    I guess i'll haveta start looking around for a scroll.......

Thanks, Bawanna!

6. Jens Schuetz

Jens Schuetz

Jun 24, 2013
    Congrats Karda.
    You deserve it!

7. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    Congrats, Karda.
    I hope the medallion has some blessings remaining after bringing Bawanna his good fortunes while he was caretaker. :)

8. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Grats Karda well deserved!!!!

9. Shaggy

Shaggy

Jan 30, 2012
    Ugh, I forgot all about this!!! Congratulations, Karda!!!!

10. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Yes, I guess I forgot to mention that the medallion has arrived here. It is larger than I thought at about 3" across. A beautifully done chunk o' brass.
    Bawannas dome case was the perfect addition and fits it nicely. If I can manage it I hope to bring the scroll idea to life, so that it will be known where it's been and with who.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  11. Shavru

Shavru

Feb 20, 2014
    I hope it arrived still with it's allotment of good fortune, a little extra for your health can't go amiss. And if it doesn't seem to be helping out, that size chunk of brass, maybe you need to use it to smack a couple Drs up side the head to get them thinking properly about your situation. You see, sometimes we just need to use the blessing in ALL the ways they can be used. :D

12. philllll

philllll Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2013
    Congrats Karda. It's good to hear that it made it safely. Hope it will bring you lots of happiness and good luck.

13. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Thanks My Friends. I hope it brings me Fame and fortune..... or at least a couple beautiful blondes..... who know massage and chiropractic medicine.
    But really I'd just as soon have only the fortune, so I could Invest heavily in HI and solve the problems we've been having.
    What I could do with just a million or so. I'm not greedy.

Anywhoo..... I've gone ahead and merged all the Medallion threads into one so that I wont continue to get headaches when it comes time to write the info on the scroll. I'm going to ask Auntie if something we can use is available in Nepal or Tibet.
    What I'm looking for is a small Tibetan style Buddhist scroll. Blank, so that I can write the forum names, cities and countries of the caretakers. After which additional caretakers will also add theirs. If any of you can come up with something suitable, it would be most helpful.

14. kukrifan

kukrifan

Jan 3, 2013
    Good karma sent

15. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Sorry this slipped my mind so thoroughly folks.
    Time this little gem went to visit the next person for a year.
    I wish I'd gotten one of these years ago.

Anyways.....
    Read the first post for the rules. Sign up in this thread. I'll let it run for awhile and pick the next host when I can.

16. Dobe_1

Dobe_1

Jun 19, 2013
    And any post will do? Here is my post.

17. gurkha berserka

gurkha berserka

Aug 16, 2014
    Here is my post...

18. Bookie

Bookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2014
    HI should have something similar made up for sale and with current kami marks which could date the piece.

19. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Well, you do have to express interest in being caregiver for a year. If youre just posting here, I might not put you in the hat.

20. Dobe_1

Dobe_1

Jun 19, 2013
    Sorry, but I believe we misunderstood.

I would be honored to be the caregiver of the medallion for a year. It would be cared for and respected.