1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Kizer C01C Sheepdog Ki4488A & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Dec 14 !

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Dec 15 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

HI Medallion Give Away- (Spring Medallion Passaround Thread)

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by pageophile, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Original

Original

Sep 28, 2007
    Nice thing to do, thanks. Might get lucky, after the last week, things have to get better.

2. tedwca

tedwca

Dec 10, 2005
    Ah, good to know then.:thumbup:

3. Berkley

Berkley

May 5, 1999
    Nice giveaway! I'm in at least once;).

4. titus010782

titus010782 Banned BANNED

Feb 6, 2009

It is true, HI meddalions do summon Chuck. But just regular sized Chuck, just as effective as 200' robochuck.

BTW, Chuck Norris's beard is made from indestructible kryptonite alloy.

I was going to name my son Chuck, but decided this would work against me in the future when it came to trying to discipline him.

The Iraqi war could have been avoided if Saddam Hussein had been sent a picture of Chuck with the caption "Try me".
    But the Sectretary of Defence thought this was too harsh. He was probably right.

The reason Dr Manhattan talks so quietly is because Chuck Norris told him to.

It is said that the world is the Devil's playground. Wrong!

Either 1" steel plate or a Walker Texas Ranger T-shirt are great substitutes for kevlar. In fact, the shirt is better.

5. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008
    If this post should win, I too would request that the medallion be sent to Mr Ferguson.

6. Misanthropic_Gods

Misanthropic_Gods

Sep 3, 2008
    ooogity boogity

7. BruiseLeee

BruiseLeee

Sep 7, 2001
    Free? Did someone mention the word free? :)

8. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Bruise!:)

Hey, if that's all it takes to get you to pop in from time to time.. FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE (just pay shipping and handling)

9. Uplander

Uplander

Apr 18, 2007
    I think Betty was born in Kingsport,Tn., just 45 miles down the road from me. May be there will be some karmantic influence in my favor.
    Uplander

10. MacHete

MacHete Hair Cropper & Chipmunk Wrangler

Apr 7, 2000
    Uplander- do you mean this Betty?

;):p:D

11. Carolina River Rat

Carolina River Rat

Oct 29, 2008
    I used to have a pet rat named Betty.

12. Radrunner

Radrunner

Mar 6, 2006
    *cough* second post *cough

13. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    My brother named his AR15 Betty.

14. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008
    Some claim the song "Black Betty" "is derived from an 18th century marching cadence about a flint-lock musket with a black painted stock; the "bam-ba-lam" lyric referring to the sound of the gunfire. Soldiers in the field were said to be "hugging Black Betty". In this interpretation, the rifle was superseded by its "child", a rifle with an unpainted walnut stock known as a "Brown Bess".

More info here...

15. DocH

DocH

May 6, 2006
    I was sitting in the Doc's office a-waiting my turn, and reading a book I had picked up at Borders and in the section About Early Celtic Blades it said that Bladesmiths would bury in the ground the metal that they were going to use for the blades, wait 2 or 3 years then dig it up, and see where the corrosion and such was present and discard the "rotten" portions.
    I have never heard of this.....
    Anybody else have more info?
    Thanks,
    Ed

16. Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

Jan 28, 2006
    It's called seasoning the metal. All metal seasons to one degree or another. Basically, the metal stabilizes its structure, and the less desirable elements rust off. Ever hear people say how much better old axe heads are than new ones? It's not because they used better metal (they didn't) it's that the metal has been seasoning for decades.

This is a very common practice with all things cast iron. Engine blocks and machinery parts are cast, then left outside in the elements for two years before being used.

When I bought cast iron ankle blocks and knees for machining, I just threw them in the back yard for 6-9 months, then ground off the rust and ground them parallel and square, and they were extremely stable.

17. Radrunner

Radrunner

Mar 6, 2006
    <insert witty comment here to cover up for greedy multi-post>

So... ummm.... how about that weather huh? Huh?!

Still can't get over how a nice a gesture this is... not even Christmas or anything...

18. trimcut123

trimcut123 Banned BANNED

Feb 15, 2007
    Funniest post nomination..

19. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Misgods, Is that YOU in that Mullet?

[youtube]pzhkOXrBELc&hl[/youtube]

20. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    OK, I admit that was just wrong.

Here's one for pageophile for being such a nice guy.

[youtube]lGQQdEciPvE&hl[/youtube]