1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Himalayan Imports Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Skyler R., Jan 24, 2007.

1. Skyler R.

Skyler R.

Dec 27, 2005
    A recent thread got me thinking about a thread that showed off some of HI offerings to help out newer people, or people who just like seeing pictures of great knives. I figure it's about time we had a thread with nothing but HI eye candy. So as a result this thread is born, a thread to post your pictures of HI knives.

I will start out with a few favorites of mine. In order they are Foxy Folly, Bagh Bhairab, Munk Chunk Cleaver, and Villager Ganga Ram.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2008
  2. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam

Apr 24, 2006
    wow sweet pics skyler :eek:
    i have to take pics of my khuks one day :eek:
    thanks for sharing :thumbup:

lets keep those pics coming!!! :D

3. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Great pictures, thank you Skyler

4. Andrew Colglazier

Andrew Colglazier

Sep 14, 2006
    Skyler great pics! But I don't believe you live in KS. You have too much wood to chop!

Andy

5. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    You take great pics Skyler.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam

Apr 24, 2006
    i know my pics suck... heres some old ones lol :D :thumbup: a few more have been added to my collection
    i will take close up pics in the near future... better ones hopefully :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT:
    1st pic left to right:
    30" kobra, 25" grs, 23" bag bhairab, 22" dui chirra, 21" gelbu special, 20" super salyan, 18" sher attitude, 19" tin chirra, 18" hanuman ak, 18" garud ak, 18" UBE, 17" foxy folly, 17" bura boomerang, 17" m43, 16" cak, 16" bgrs, 16" wwII, 16" KH mccurdy custom, 15" bura hanshee, 15" BAS, 14" KH chainpure, 12" UB memorial salyan & 9" sgt. bilton.

1st pic bottom:
    14" hasiya khurpi, 8" jkm karda, 6" r-6 sarge knife, 7" rusty sgian dubh, 7" r-3 knife, 7" villager sarge knife, 30" tarwar, 26" dukti & 20" bolo

2nd pic left to right:
    21" chainpuri, 20" movie model, 20" museum model, 20" malla, 18" ak, 18" cak, 18" balance, 18" sirupate, 18" KH panawal ak, 17" bojpure, 16" sgt. UBE, 16" wwII, 16" KH mccurdy custom, 15" pen knife, 14" BDC, 14" chainpuri, 13" yangdu katunje special, 12" baby chitlangi, 10" baby BDC, 9" sgt. bilton, 9" bilton, 6" kagas katne, 15" r-1 stick knife & 16" d-1 knife

2nd pic bottom:
    36" tibetan long sword, 36" everest katana, 24" backwards blade, 10" kumar karda, 9" kerambit, 7" r-4 knife & 15" ak bowie

7. Willieboy

Willieboy

Jul 4, 2002
    Great idea Skyler. I especially like the fact that you labeled your knives so newbies like myself know at what they're looking.

8. westfork

westfork Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Here are some larger pieces by Sher (Seaxs aren't large but looked good here).

[​IMG]

on bottom
    36" --- 53.2 oz Tibetan Long Sword
    left to right
    14" --- 16.2 oz Seax
    30" --- 44.9 oz Kobra
    27.5" - 45.1 oz Indonesian Sword
    21.75" -42.1 oz Bhutan Sword
    27.75" -57.6 oz Indonesian Sword
    25" --- 42.3 oz Chitlangi
    14" --- 17.6 oz Seax
    on top
    23" --- 38.6 oz Bag-Bhairab
    19.5" - 40.3 oz Chiruwa Ang Khola

The 57.6 ounce Indonesian arrived today - AWESOME:D For when you absolutley positively have to utterly destroy something quickly. It actually doesn't feel too heavy in the hand since Sher made this one with a generous handle.
    Lloyd

9. IUKE12

IUKE12

Nov 25, 2005
    Andy, nice knife collection, correction, make that awesome knife collection. My wife didn't have much to say about the blades, but she thinks the quilt is nice...go figure.

10. IUKE12

IUKE12

Nov 25, 2005
    You're making me dizzy with that spread, incredible stuff there!

11. Skyler R.

Skyler R.

Dec 27, 2005
    Great photos so far. Lets keep them coming.

In order Bura Boomerang (hanshee), Movie Model, and 18" Gelbu Sp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Willieboy

Willieboy

Jul 4, 2002
    First, the Baby BDC by Bura, my first kuk:

[​IMG]

Now my two Chitlangi's, a 21 inch by Sher and a Grand Baby by Vin:

[​IMG]

Finally, my new 15 inch Kobra by Sher:

[​IMG]

My pic's are probably blurry. I've had 11 cups of Joe today. That coupled with my absolute lack of picture taking ability combine for blurry pictures.

13. Ad Astra

Ad Astra

Jul 30, 2004
    GGLIH, :eek: that's some collection there, Jai.

Nice stuff all.

Here's the HI Falcata:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and 25" Malla, 25" Gelbu

[​IMG]

Mike

14. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam

Apr 24, 2006
    thanks mike :D
    nice set you got there also :)

LETS KEEP THE PICS COMING!!! :thumbup:

15. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Thanks. I'll mention the quilt to my wife. She'll get a kick out of that.;)

16. tedwca

tedwca

Dec 10, 2005
    Here's my humble HI crew.
    [​IMG]
    Tej Dhar
    [​IMG]
    R-3
    [​IMG]

17. westfork

Aug 27, 2003
    That's a great picture Ted. I can never seem to get all the blades in focus and without some bad reflection. I guess that is why you are the professional.
    Lloyd

18. tedwca

tedwca

Dec 10, 2005

They are not large only to Khuk fans. Whip a Seax out in a crowded restaurant and see what happens

Thanks, I'm actually shooting these from the second floor so focus isn't an issue. The lighting is just diffused sunlight from the window.

19. westfork

Aug 27, 2003
    I had mine spread on a pool table while I was balancing on a step-ladder trying to take the shot. Also it was too cloudy not to use a flash since I don't make a very stable tripod on that ladder.
    What is the handle material on the lemon shot?
    Lloyd

20. tedwca

tedwca

Dec 10, 2005