1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Himalayan Imports Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Skyler R., Jan 24, 2007.

1. KRBurke

KRBurke

Nov 3, 2009
    Man, those butterfly swords are NOICE. I was a Wing Chun guy back in "the day", trained in N.C. for about 3 years. Only stopped 'cause I had to go play in the sand.

Kev

2. KRBurke

KRBurke

Nov 3, 2009
    Heck, who am I kidding.... they are ALL "NOICE"!

3. Andrew Colglazier

Andrew Colglazier

Sep 14, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The FF in the last picture was fluffed and buffed by our own Steve Ferguson. He did a great job, thank you, Steve! :)

The Foxy Folly es arguably the most beautiful of the HI line. Arguably. :D

Andy

4. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Now where is the jaw dropping smilie? Those are gorgeous!!!

5. C.S. Graves

C.S. Graves

Jun 13, 2006
    If there's an argument, it's likely a toss-up with the Dui Chirra and the rare Tin Chirra... at least by my reckonin'!

6. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008
    And I'd add the Yvsa Cherokee Special for consideration as well. ;) :thumbup:

7. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    To me, no khukuri compares to the Chitlangi when it comes to good looks.

[​IMG]

8. Andrew Colglazier

Andrew Colglazier

Sep 14, 2006
    Yup, that's a tough one. I certainly do like mine! :thumbup:

Andy

9. captlid

captlid

Feb 23, 2002
    :D will this [smile] do?

Question, whats the length from the spine at the bend to the edge on the foxy folly?

10. Andrew Colglazier

Andrew Colglazier

Sep 14, 2006
    The widest part of the blade on both of mine are around 2 3/4". This will of course vary a bit from blade to blade.

Andy

11. Carolina River Rat

Carolina River Rat

Oct 29, 2008
    :eek::thumbup:Beautiful job on the wood handles! HI's fullered khuks are all beauties. FF, Berk Special, YCS, Gelbu, etc.

12. llcarter

llcarter Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Nice pics!!!!!!

13. captlid

captlid

Feb 23, 2002
    :thumbup: :thumbup: I think I know what's next on my shopping list even if it's never used.... Will be sharking the dotd if I see one. :p

14. Warriorofsteel

Warriorofsteel

Jan 26, 2010
    Can you get the 15 inch ang khola with a white handle and instead of brass pieces you get silver colored ones? that would look great and the white handle would be easy to see :]

15. Ryan M

Ryan M

Aug 18, 2001
    E-mail Yangdu and ask. She may have one in stock, or she could special order one no problem. I had a Dukti sword special ordered with nickel silver fittings, since that stuff pretty much never tarnishes.

16. C.S. Graves

C.S. Graves

Jun 13, 2006
    I believe there is a "silver AK" listed on the HI website... whether any are in stock right now is something only Yangdu can answer!

17. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    Odd coincidence but yesterday I was thinking about using white micarta for making a replacement handle for one of my khukuris if I ever needed to do so.

18. Aka Zero

Aka Zero

Jan 19, 2010
    Micarta and Khukuri would look awesome together.

19. Ankerson

Ankerson Knife and Computer Geek Platinum Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Big W

Big W

Feb 19, 2008
    Bura Tarwar Villager: