1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Himalayan Imports Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Skyler R., Jan 24, 2007.

1. warty

warty

Mar 2, 2010
    I have a real soft spot for the animal headed Khukuris so I think I will post mine for all of you!

Sher, the Tiger Kami-Zoomorphic Khukuris
    (L->R) Hanuman, Biralo, Garud
    [​IMG]

(L->R) Hanuman, Garud, Biralo
    [​IMG]

(T->B) Hanuman, Garud, Biralo
    [​IMG]

you can easily see that Biralo is of the older, smaller pattern
    [​IMG]

Profiles of the threes, (L->R) Biralo, Garud, Hanuman
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. moogoogaidan

moogoogaidan

Feb 21, 2009
    What kind of pack is that, Simonby? Looks like your b.o.b. is ready to go!

3. Liveitloud

Liveitloud

Jul 1, 2006
    Bumping just because I want to see some new pics and to say that these knives are beautiful. Are they ever produced or was it a one time thing?

4. DanSmithy

DanSmithy

Jul 19, 2010
    Yes they are still produced. Ask Auntie for one or watch the DOTD's.
    Last time (i think) it was last month.

5. Liveitloud

Liveitloud

Jul 1, 2006
    Thanks a lot DanSmithy I just sent Yandu an email about the knife. I really like the one on the right but they are all beautiful!! Are these knives just for looks or for use as well?

6. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    As with all H.I. product they are built tough enough to use, However they are not warranted for Heavy or "Field Usage".

7. Liveitloud

Liveitloud

Jul 1, 2006
    Thanks Karda I appreciate the info. :)

8. Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

Jan 28, 2006
    I think what constitutes "field usage" to HI blades would make most knife makers curl up in the fetal position and soil themselves.

Take this beauty:
    [​IMG]
    One of the nicest "utility knives" I have, and very much used before the sheath died. Nice, svelte little chicka, no?

NO!
    [​IMG]

Look at that spine. There's no way I could break that by hand in ANY usage I could think of, yet IIRC, Kerambits are not warranted for "field use".

This took down a small pine tree (6" or so IIRC), and is most definitely not a field tool. Does it look worse for the wear?
    [​IMG]

Unless you are using it for logging or building a house I wouldn't worry about it. If you are, you probably want one of the big bruisers anyway to get the work done faster.

9. Liveitloud

Liveitloud

Jul 1, 2006
    I love that Karambit. I have see a few of those in picture threads but not any for sale. I guess they come up now and again. That thing looks like a little beast! I hear you on the toughness factor. These knives look like they could eat some of the competition and never miss a step. Hopefully I will hear back from Yangdu soon on one of these.

10. DanSmithy

DanSmithy

Jul 19, 2010
    The YCS certainly was NOT designed to be a show piece...but what a beauty:
    [​IMG]

Look at my DC (also not fully warranteed) review.
    :http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=761019

I think on the HI website there is a link to the YCS proper review (not sure).

CPL: " I think what constitutes "field usage" to HI blades would make most knife makers curl up in the fetal position and soil themselves."
    Nice one CPL!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  11. Liveitloud

Liveitloud

Jul 1, 2006
    You have one? That is awesome!!! So is the Dui chirra. Spoke back with Yangdu and she said that the people that made these were no longer around but she would check and see if anyone thought they could make one.

I think the concern was to find someone who could do the inlay work on the handle. Absolutely beautiful!!

12. DanSmithy

DanSmithy

Jul 19, 2010
    I don't have one (YCS) that is.
    I'm in love with the original YCS design (as above) ever since I've seen it on the Hi website. Here...I've just confessed...to a knife:eek:
    Pity, seems that the young kamis can't make it right...yet.
    I think mainly because the original was much lighter...but not sure...could be the handle.

Keep us informed of what Auntie says about making one:thumbup:

13. warty

warty

Mar 2, 2010
    pix please, this is a pix thread. :p

now go back to your discussion.

14. jeepcop24

jeepcop24

Nov 11, 2008

15. shortwinger

shortwinger Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Top to bottom
    Kumar CAK - Santosh WWII - Murali Bonecutter

3 HI.jpg

Last weekend the CAK was given as a present to my son-in-law for his birthday. He was pretty shocked. By the time I made it home he already sent me a text and pic of a tree in his yard that he couldn't get down with his other kukris.

Soon I will have an M43 to replace the CAK. Its on order :)

Bill
    Virginia

16. beanbag

beanbag

Apr 1, 2009
    This one cuts pretty deep.:cool:

[​IMG]

17. snow and steel

snow and steel

Mar 5, 2011
    15" Ang Khola

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The other items in this picture are actually pretty interesting.
    The shovel is a Russian entrenching shovel from WWII, HEAVILY used and beaten, and the ENTIRE shovel was sharpened at one time. I'm sure it has stories. The Lee-Enfield is a No. 4 MK 1 that was made in England, then shipped ot Burma [has Indonesian adn Burmese markings], and later given to India [Indian refurioshment markings]. Again, I'm sure it has some stories.

18. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    I'll add this to the pic thread:

[​IMG]

Farm Knife... or golok, or "short dao"

16.5" long with an 11" blade. 22 oz.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  19. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    [​IMG]