1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Hinderer Half Track-Blade Style?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by aboynamedsue, Jul 8, 2019.

1. aboynamedsue

aboynamedsue Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 10, 2015
    Is it a "Reverse Tanto" as advertised by Knife Center?

Half Track.jpg

2. Comeuppance

Comeuppance Fixed Blade EDC Emisssary Gold Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Looking at another knife described to have that blade shape, the Benchmade 940, I do see enough similarity to justify the term. The shape of the spine is where the majority of similarities lie.

That said, I don’t think it’s quite as applicable in this case. I probably would have said “drop point”, which I think would also be accurate for the 940.

I think it’s more of a marketing term than anything else. It just sounds cooler to say “reverse tanto”. It sounds like something I’d do in a Tony Hawk game. Probably a grab.

Rykjeklut and aboynamedsue like this.
  3. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    I’ve always heard it described as a Spearpoint by RHK, though it really is more of a drop point.

aboynamedsue and ScooterG like this.
  4. ScooterG

ScooterG You mean Ireland? Yeah, it’s mine. Gold Member

Mar 15, 2016
    aboynamedsue likes this.
  5. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Either way, it's the best one so far and a surprisingly great user. If they drop a Half Track Sheepsfoot, I'm paying full price on release day.

Speaking of Sheepsfoot, a 3.5" Skinny Sheepsfoot No Choil would be amazing @[email protected] :D

JBoone and TenShun705 like this.
  6. razor-edge-knives

razor-edge-knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2011
    It's a reverse spanto :D

evilgreg and TenShun705 like this.
  7. aboynamedsue

Feb 10, 2015
    I thought Tri-way Half Track Spanto was BHQ exclusive….

8. halden.doerge

Aug 17, 2014
    It's a USA Made Blade exclusive.

The Spear Points have been sold by any Hinderer dealers. So far those are the only two blade shapes that have been done. Though there are rumors of more to come. Probably not for a while, though.

9. aboynamedsue

Feb 10, 2015
    The Spear Points have been sold by any Hinderer dealers. So far those are the only two blade shapes that have been done. Though there are rumors of more to come. Probably not for a while, though.[/QUOTE]

i stand corrected. Spanto is supposed to be USA Made Blade exclusive.
    So far, Spanto, Tanto and Spearpoint are the only existing blade style that I know of. Never heard about Half Track "Reverse Tanto" as advertised by Knife Center .

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  10. halden.doerge

Aug 17, 2014
    Josh was making a joke about "reverse Spanto" above. I forgot they had also done the Tanto blade on the Half Track, though.

razor-edge-knives likes this.
  11. LSS152

LSS152

Jul 9, 2018
    Anybody got pictures of all 3 blade styles in the same picture?

aboynamedsue likes this.