1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

hoarn2

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by ilknives, Sep 9, 2019.

1. ilknives

ilknives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2017
    DEF09566-3A1F-47D1-90F4-46879A29115A.jpeg This is the first successful stainless forge weld I have made a knife from!! Its outer cladding is N690 and the core 1095.

It is the brother of hoarn (this word is Frisian for horn: buffalo and ram in this case). It was supposed to be finished at the same time, however, I tried making a smooth push button for opening the blade but it did not work so the blade had to go back through annealing etc. so I could cut in the grip grooves (fine jimping). Works now, but of course there was a slight bend to take care of as well after the re-heat treating, caused I guess, from stress built up during the grinding (I grind post heat treat).

It is 6mm (0,23 inch) longer than hoarn OAL but the materials are the same, these horn scales, on Ebony laminates, have a satin finish and the anodising on the titanium was done at 3V higher so it is a lighter blue.

Thanks for looking!

Ig

coldsteelburns, Dawkind and seanj like this.
  2. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
    I realy like the way you taper your knives

ilknives likes this.
  3. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Another great folder.... :)

ilknives likes this.