HOGfather????????

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by VJT, Aug 15, 2020.

1. VJT

VJT Custom kydex sheath and holster craftsman Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I tried searching for how to do this but can’t find anything. I’d like to contact busse by message. I can’t find it on the website. I can’t find it here. I have a simple idea for a knife that I think people would like. I know they probably don’t need my input but I’d like to run it by them anyway. Any suggestions or links let me know. Thanks BF!!

ironwagon likes this.
  2. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 30, 2018
    If you want to suggest a model, the best thing you do is start a thread here. If people like the idea, the boss will listen. That's how the HOG B8 and the Klink Hammer were created and they are great blades!

3. VJT

VJT Custom kydex sheath and holster craftsman Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Thanks for the suggestion. Well my idea is simple. I’d like to see a HOGfather. Same design as dogfather but with a thick blade. It could be INFI which would be great, but the dogfather fans would I’m sure love to see it in SR77. I know busse said SR77 was done, but what better way to resurrect it than this. It would basically a HOGB10 but with a much better name and a big fan base ready to buy. Anyone know if it’s been suggested already?

luethge likes this.
  4. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    A HOGfather is a nice idea, and it should be made of Infi. As I am partial to Bowies, a clip-point blade more like the Eraticator but not recurved with a V8 shaped handle would be cool.

5. VJT

Sep 10, 2018
    Yeah. I agree. Even though I’m a huge SR77 fan I don’t think another SR77 version of the DF that is just thicker would be different enough for people to buy it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  6. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Watching this thread. Seems interesting.

7. resinguy

resinguy

Feb 19, 2006
  8. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Dogfather was nominally .275” thick. Just curious—how much thicker do you want and for what purpose in a 10” (Dogfather length) blade?

9. resinguy

resinguy

Feb 19, 2006
    FYI, the legal profession advises companies to not accept ANY invention ideas or product suggestions as a way to prevent any possible intellectual property disputes in the future.

Jerry used to actively discourage any blade idea drawings posted here. He seems to have softened that stance of late.

tuica and Baron83 like this.
  10. Will York

Jan 21, 2000
    never stopped us before :D

11. luethge

luethge Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2017
    I would buy a “HOGFATHER” without hesitation (.35 stock ?).

12. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    I still prefer .210 thickness, .250 max.

13. VJT

Sep 10, 2018
    To each his own when it comes to blade thickness, but..... for what purpose???? For the pure purpose of being awesome!!!!! What’s the purpose of my FNMFSH? Or any of the other big thick awesome long busse and kin out there. I’d buy one if it was 0.35, and it they made it 0.4 I’d buy 3.

I was inspired by some other thick revamps of late, like the new warden, ratweiler and ratmandu and I thought, boy wouldn’t this be cool.

14. Will York

Jan 21, 2000
    Ahhhh...awesomeness! Got it! :thumbsup:

15. VJT

Sep 10, 2018
    All joking aside about the thickness, I think it would likely need to be full flat like a dogfather LE rather than saber like the regular DF. Maybe avoid a little of that excessive weight. But I’d still buy it in saber.

16. grizzle

grizzle Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2016
    Hell why not go for 0.5 :eek::D

Maybe tgulb I-beam treament under some thinnn scales. And at this thickness I would hope for a ffg or even a full height hollow grind

17. VJT

Sep 10, 2018
    I say we up it to an even inch and put wheels on it.

18. bmg580

bmg580 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Hogfather 0.35 or greater Infi Saber Grind with a penetrator tip would be unreal as would a Son of Hogfather with the same specs

VJT likes this.
  19. Born of Fire

Born of Fire Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 11, 2019
    C’mon get down with the thickness!

20. VJT

Sep 10, 2018
    Cmon everybody. I thought this was a great idea!!! Is this all the support I’ve got?

luethge likes this.