Holy Crap...The HEAT

Discussion in 'DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tools' started by jforbush, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    What does HEAT stand for?
    Hostile Environment A_____? Tool.

Any ideas?

2. Texan29

Texan29

Apr 13, 2009
    According to RYP, Hostile Environment At-hand Knives (Tool).

When I first tried to figure out the acronym, I thought I had just invented DPx Gear's line of obscure sex toys. :barf:

3. drillsgt71

drillsgt71

Dec 1, 2010
    I'm in for the LE. I almost missed the LE for the HEST/F and only got in due to following this forum. Looking forward to the new HEST fixed blades also.

4. rgoonis

rgoonis

Dec 21, 2008
    hostile environment asshole tool

5. Thrill

Thrill

Sep 9, 2010
    Awesome. I like it!!

6. jonesjp@surry.net

[email protected]

Dec 31, 2007
    This knife (the HEAT) really jumped off the page at me. I liked the proportion of blade:handle, the blade shape, the size. It just looked -right-. I'm already psyched about it.

7. 333rm

333rm

Oct 17, 2009
    I just saw the HEAT on the DPX site the other day and instantly loved the look and size of it. Even though all of my EDC blades have always been between 3"-4", I could see that blade filling a niche for a certain time and place. If you happen to live in a Communist run city with crazy blade length laws, as a great back-up blade, traveling when you would want an easily stash-able blade, or a nice compact folder to carry when your out for the night. Plus the thing looks plain bad ass! Can't wait to see it evolve...:D

8. GMGvanS

GMGvanS

Dec 28, 2010
    Great, my wallet is going thinner yet again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.