How do you spend your time during the lockdown?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Kizer Cutlery, May 17, 2020.

1. Kizer Cutlery

Kizer Cutlery Follow our Instagram: kizercutlery_inc Moderator

Jun 24, 2013
    During the lockdown, I was playing some of our prototype knives at home and cook something new, even try to home make some Starbucks drinks. What did you guy do to spend the time? 微信图片_20200518113025.jpg 微信图片_20200518113003.jpg 微信图片_20200518113136.jpg 微信图片_20200518113142.jpg 微信图片_20200518113139.jpg

guy g, razorburn, Driften and 6 others like this.
  2. soc_monki

soc_monki Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2019
    I don't know, since I never quit working. I'm an electrician, working on the power grid, so I am essential! In just a little bit I'll be heading 4 hours from home to work for 2 weeks straight!

If I did get the time, I probably would have spent it catching up on reading, movie watching, and some video games. Spend time with the kid. Play with my knives... Lol

3. yamsi12

yamsi12 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Honestly, bought a bunch of knives and other stuff.

4. 000Robert

000Robert Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 28, 2020
    I just research and tinker with my hobbies like usual. The lockdown didn't change much for me except make it difficult to find some green(pure sugar,not high-fructose corn syrup) Dr. Peppers.

Kizer Cutlery likes this.
  5. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    Lol, you sound so busy.

6. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    Lol! Yeah! Me too! I did add a lot of stuff in my shopping car... But I stop myself before paying:p

7. Chronovore

Chronovore Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 29, 2019
    Down time is a little different now. There are lots of little projects around the house. I have been french-pressing more coffee instead of making a quick cup of instant. With more time as a family, we've been taking turns picking movies and watching them together. Since everything shut down, we've seen crime dramas, romantic comedies, horror, Shaw Brothers kung fu flicks, and even a Toho monster movie. Having dinner together every night has been nice.

There's more time for Blade Forums. I've actually ordered a few more knives than usual. One of them is a Kizer. I got my daughter the purple Mini Domin last year and my time with it left a positive impression. So when I saw an $8 off coupon, I ordered myself a black one. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the international shipping. All of our web shopping is taking a while and we're doing a lot more of it now that we're staying out of the cities.

8. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    My 2 days off I do what I want. I am still working thank God. My Company offered us (my department) an ETO program (emergency time off) at 25% of our pay. I told them good luck.
    I have a job until Oct. 1 as I work for an airline.
    I have 20 years seniority so I think I will be ok with this particular company but probably a pay cut.

With the time I do have free, gardening. My other passion.
    6 types of tomato growing, corn, spinach, and some really hot peppers.
    Wrecking Ball, Death Spiral, 7-pot Bubblegum to name a few.
    And of course, my knives

9. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    Yeah, get time to have dinner with the family every night is great. Purple mini domin is cute!

10. soc_monki

soc_monki Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 5, 2019
    I am. We're also starting school back this week, so I have to drive back 4 hours Thursday, teach, sleep a few hours, then 4 hours back to chattanooga. Lots of coffee in my future!

Chronovore likes this.
  11. colin.p

colin.p

Feb 4, 2017
    I was set to retire at the end of August, when my OAS starts to kick in. However, since I was working at a "high risk" job, I said screw it, I'm retiring early, so March 18th was my last day. Hardly use the car anymore and am now getting three weeks to the gallon.

Getting a lot of stuff done around the house that needed doing for a long time. Planning on fishing a lot more, since fishing licenses are free for 65'ers and over. Retirement is great.

12. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Catching up on like 25 years of lost sleep!
    Other than that, working out and mountain biking every day to maintain sanity and conditioning when it's time to get back to the grind.
    And speaking of the grind, been sharpening a lot of knives for folks, something sorta zen about the process that keeps me centered.

13. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Wife and I are still working. She is working from home until further notice. She is getting a little stir crazy and misses the people at work.

Other then keeping our shopping, errands, and going out to eat to a minimum, not much has changed for us.

14. marsturm

marsturm Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Doing a lot of reading, youtube viewing, and a little vegetable gardening.

15. abcdef

abcdef

Oct 28, 2005
    I discovered Trailer Park Boys and do a lot of this. Wish the gyms would open. Essential for health.

16. TheEdge01

TheEdge01

Apr 3, 2015
    Thank God, I got to keep working. Since USPS and AKS was still operating I continued making knives on the side as well.

17. bigsurbob

bigsurbob Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Seeing how many weeks straight I can not know the day of the week.

18. bigsurbob

bigsurbob Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2016
    And it's May, right?

Puppadore and Kizer Cutlery like this.
  19. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    It takes you that much time on the road to work! I feel long even for one hour... Take care and stay healthy man.;)

20. Kizer Cutlery

Jun 24, 2013
    yeah! Sounds so nice! Take care and stay safe;)

colin.p likes this.