1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

How many carry a fixed blade all the time?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by Ballenxj, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Calebklyne

Calebklyne

Aug 5, 2009
    Always have my izula in my pocket and a 3mil in my bag

2. abrasion

abrasion

Feb 22, 2011
    BK14 or 11 everyday in my back pocket, kershaw leek in my front.

3. grunt soldier

grunt soldier

Dec 4, 2009
    i usually always have my izula or izula 2 on me

4. extremesurvival

extremesurvival

Aug 16, 2002
    I always have either my Izula, my Becker Necker or my Gene Ingram fixed blades on me. They're small enough to go unnoticed and yet enough to be handy for a wide range of chores.

5. wizzard1717

wizzard1717

Mar 9, 2011
    Always, Spyderco temperance 2, and Bark River PSK, AG russell Acies makes me happy

6. paracordist

paracordist

Jun 9, 2010
    i always have my pmoore knives necker fixed blade obviously

7. Sulaco

Sulaco Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2003
    I carry my Izula around my neck everyday, no matter what. I also carry a folder of some sort, sometimes more than one.

8. Myal

Myal

Jun 7, 2003
    I carry two folders .. a mercator on my keyring , an okapi in my pocket , used to swap it around for a opinel but someone knocked it off
    I carry fixed blades in my pack if I carry them .
    nsw knife laws .. nuff said

9. StrayRound

StrayRound

Apr 24, 2011
    Izula in a hip pocket for about a year now. Light, flat and you forget it is there.

10. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I rotate a Izula, swamp warden, and scrapivore or a Rodent solution and HEST. In the woods I go bigger and 1 of the edc's mentioned.

11. dallastxco

dallastxco

Dec 18, 2010
    I used to carry a Sanrenmu710 (folder) or an izula. The Izula turned out to be easier to carry because the weight is better distributed (larger surface) and is more comfortable inside the pockets. The weight distribution problem made the Sanrenmu bulky and it ended up falling out of my pocket somehow. I carry my izula in my pocket or my neck ever since. BK2 for Hiking, but the izzy always comes along on my neck or attached to my camelback or backpack.

12. trailbum

trailbum Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2010
    I hate folders.
    BK11 all the time.

13. scout_77

scout_77

Jun 1, 2008
    At the day job fixed blades are no go so I carry a Benchmade folder (until I get around to make my own). All other times I carry a fixed blade (7" total length) in a small of the back sheath with pants, or in the summer when I go cargo shorts I just slip the sheath in my right hand pocket.

14. ivan51

ivan51

Dec 9, 2003
    i always carry a fixed blade

15. LMT66

LMT66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 18, 2008
    As a daily pocket knife it's usually one of these two Canadians (Lil & Mikro II). I like folders but they can be a pain at times. The Lil' Canadian 3V is my favorite blade in this size. The Mikro II is very office friendly and "cute" per a few of the girls there. It shaves wicked fizz sticks also!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Gossman Knives

Gossman Knives Edged Toolmaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 9, 2004
    UNK for me. Everyday in a KSF pocket sheath.
    Scott

17. cddogfan1

cddogfan1

Jul 15, 2008
    Gossman PSK every day in a KSF pocket sheath.

18. tek77

tek77 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Any of these every day.
    [​IMG]

19. Carolina River Rat

Carolina River Rat

Oct 29, 2008
    Here's what I typically carry. Barkie Canadian Special and Vic OHT in a KSF pocket sheath. I also keep a Vic classic in my watch pocket.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. dallastxco

dallastxco

Dec 18, 2010
    LOL for the starry night in the background!
    I hope is not an original.