1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 29 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Ron Flaherty Folder , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

How to carry a tomahawk?

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Joben, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Joben

Joben

May 22, 2009
    I just got a Cold Steel Trail 'Hawk. :)
    I like my new tool so far, but I'm not sure how I'm going to tote it around.

If you folks take tomahawks or other small axes camping or hiking or whatnot, how do you carry them?

In a pack, or on your person? Do you have a sheath of some kind?

2. Pipeman

Pipeman

Dec 2, 2004
    I make one of these ;-))

[​IMG]

3. savageknives

savageknives

May 11, 2009
    ive got a cover that slips over the edge and is held in place with a simple toggle. it either goes in my belt or stuffed in my blanket which is rolled up and carried on a tumpline. out of the way but still fairly quick to the hand.

4. rdg

rdg

Oct 30, 2002
    I just slip mine under my belt. I do have a sheath over the blade though.
    Bob

5. Dwight McLemore

Dwight McLemore

Aug 26, 2000
    Pipeman: I like that sheath and frog combo. Mind if I steal the design? Looks good.

Best
    Dwight

6. Pipeman

Pipeman

Dec 2, 2004
    Be my guest Dwight. Enjoy. Make the slots in the frog to fit your belt width nice and snug. I was wearing my Sunday meeting belt the day I took the pics.:D

Regards

Robin

7. BryFry

BryFry

Jul 29, 2009
    Anyone on here selling anything like that?

I'd like to get one for my CS Riflemans hawk, and maybe one for a trail hawk too.:)

I put this one together myself, and it works OK, but I don't realy have the proper tools to make anything as nice as most of the leather work I see around here...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  8. tychoseven

tychoseven

Aug 9, 2005
    I made a blade cover, and just tuck the 'hawk under my belt behind my back, at 5 o'clock, at about a 45 degree angle. It stays there very well on its own.

9. vector001

vector001

Aug 4, 2007
    i like to carry mine like this.
    [​IMG]

i use my hawk a lot as sort of a walking stick in rough country when scrambling, so it is nice to have ready.

vec

10. Joben

Joben

May 22, 2009
    Thanks guys. :)

11. Goose_52

Goose_52

Feb 8, 2009
    This is my setup that I made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. cherokee tj

cherokee tj

Aug 13, 2008
    I really like your rig Goose, think I'll copy yours

13. Pipeman

Pipeman

Dec 2, 2004
    That's a great rig Goose, nice work.

Regards

Robin

14. Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

Jan 28, 2006
    BTW Snakedoc makes some nice kydex blade covers for not too much money

15. M*A*S*H

M*A*S*H

May 28, 2008
    I use this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Joben

Joben

May 22, 2009
    MASH, that's a nifty one piece setup, where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking?

17. M*A*S*H

M*A*S*H

May 28, 2008
    I made that one, it's maybe my 5th or 6th time doing leather work so it is a bit amateur in places, but it works. :)

18. savagesicslayer

savagesicslayer

May 24, 2005
    I went to an army surplus and bought a leather frog to an AK-74 bayonet.
    [​IMG]

19. Ookami

Ookami

Mar 28, 2003
    What brand is that tomahawk?

Ookami