1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

How's your mail service at the moment

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by razorburn, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Godless

Godless

Apr 27, 2020
    I'm in Poland (EU) and all the packages come through just as usual (with maybe really slightly more delays), including those sourced from China via Amazon, eBay or Aliexpress. One exception I've noticed so far is USPS - packages got to the departure from the States step, and now 2 weeks with no further news. Hope they do turn out on the other side soon! ;) Waiting for a Case Trapperlock and a Tidioute.

2. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    It’s slowing down for sure. I sent something today priority that’s usually two/three days and they are saying Friday delivery time. Oh well, nothing we can do about it.

3. Lance Leon

Lance Leon Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2017
    I posted 2 knives in early March. One just arrived a few days ago (over a month spent in transit) and the other has yet to be delivered. I don't know if it's my local postal service, USPS, a lack of freight flights or something else entirely, but there are certainly delays shipping items internationally to the US. I haven't had issues receiving packages from the States though.

Edit: Second package just arrived (~40 days later)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  4. IIDiode

IIDiode

Feb 16, 2017
    So far things are pretty normal in West Canada Prairie

5. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Normally packages I send at my local PO scan there at some point. That never happened with the last package.

6. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Well, package made it just fine. It was a little scary though. It never scanned in at a location until it reached the delivery PO. Took 7 days. No scans until the seventh.

7. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    I really don't know what is happening.Sent a package from Vancouver to Chicago on April 7,it cleared Customs on April 9,and has yet to arrive.

All there is the generic mesaage about it being in Transit.

[​IMG]

8. razorburn

Mar 26, 2007
    Here's the tracking info for my St. Nicks exclusive Manix 2, purchased on April 10.It finally shows up at the Border on Monday after more than two weeks and isyet to be delivered.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  9. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp Oatmeal Pecan is better than Chocolate-chip. Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    I just received one like this. It showed that USPS was awaiting drop off of the shipment. Still does actually. Meanwhile the thing has been delivered. No obvious flaw with the barcode.

craytab likes this.
  10. razorburn

Mar 26, 2007
    An update,the package sent over 5 weeks ago to the Chicago area, now shows as being in the process of delivery.After showing as in transit for the past month to the day.

Now it seem it was out for delivery twice to the wrong town.

11. Seanieo

Seanieo Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2020
    The post office has be quite dicey lately. BUT.... I've had just as many issues with UPS and FEDEX dates and delivery times not being honored.

12. annr

annr

Nov 15, 2006
    I've been waiting for a package from Australia since 4/17. Just arrived to NYC and awaiting to clear Customs for a couple of days. Then, will be turned over to USPS.

Last time I ordered the same item, same place, it was here in under 1 week.

Some packages from Canada and UK are faster than that, but much slower than in the past by a week or 2, so far.

Vaporstang likes this.
  13. BIGDORK

BIGDORK Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2018
    I had a package from Australia, finally showed up after 6-7 weeks.
    Had one from NewMexico get stolen by a usps employee before it left the state.
    Wife had a pair of boots make a couple loops around the country before finally arriving 3 weeks late.
    Other than those 3 instances, not bad

14. fq55

fq55 Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Feb 27, 1999
    My experience right now is that my Usps priority mail packages are taking between 5-7 days and first class is taking longer.

I’ve been waiting on a small first class Package for 3 weeks now and I’m not sure if I’ll get it.

15. craytab

Jan 26, 2012
    Had a first class box take 3 business days from VA to PA, though it was estimated to take 6. Not bad.

16. fq55

fq55 Gold Member Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Feb 27, 1999
    I’ve had no issues with FedEx however. They’ve been solid.

Moving forward I may just start shipping any higher value items solely using FedEx.