I’ve got it bad now....

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Monofletch, May 28, 2020.

1. Monofletch

Monofletch Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 14, 2010
    After my Glock 43 purchase ....... this fell in my lap!! I hope it doesn’t get any more expensive!!!!

F6DF2A39-12DA-4B1D-B93E-218314A744EF.jpeg

Shappy, bikerector, mqqn and 13 others like this.
  2. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Oh, it will get worse. But instead of regular $200-$300 knife purchases, it's regular $1500-$2500 gun purchases. But you still gotta keep the knives coming. :D

3. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    It’s the 2nd this month!!!

bikerector likes this.
  4. jkwithawave

jkwithawave ..... Platinum Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Another great choice!! Probably my favorite pistol right there.

5. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    I just ordered my free soft range case and extra goodies!!

jkwithawave likes this.
  6. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Enjoy. I went through my gun period buying and occasionally selling. I settled down and I suspect you will to. It was not uncommon for me to buy two or three guns at a show and repeat at the next show for a while. I had the bright idea that I could make money buying and selling...... well, if I had to look at the non-collector stuff, I'd say I almost broke even or lost a little. But it was fun (for awhile). I did better with the collector grade stuff. But I tended to hang onto those items longer before selling.

7. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    Bang...cha-ching, bang...cha-ching. Don't shoot em! :rolleyes::cool:

8. Roy Batty

Roy Batty Y'all can sling load DEEZ NUTS Platinum Member

May 25, 2016
    Good choice. In a life or death encounter, my legion with a backup mag will get me through it all. I never leave home without it.

jkwithawave likes this.
  9. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    It’s a “once in a lifetime” gun for me!!!

Roy Batty likes this.
  10. Roy Batty

Roy Batty Y'all can sling load DEEZ NUTS Platinum Member

May 25, 2016
    Same here, I’m not dropping $1200 on a handgun again... although my s&w 44 mag classic that I sent off to the custom shop came close. That’s good rifle money!

11. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    What a combo....

CB498B7A-9E79-4614-BBAE-F16E9214E89C.jpeg

dogboye, mqqn, benchwarmer380 and 2 others like this.
  12. Hivoltage

Hivoltage Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 19, 2018
    Beauty’s for sure and you can’t beat a beat a Glock or Sig for reliability in autos. I’m a wheel gunner myself and if you’re just getting into guns I recommend trying a good double action revolver in a stout chambering. One of the classic Sigs 226 or 229 are on my list just haven’t got to it yet.

AntDog and Monofletch like this.
  13. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    I’m already there! I have a .357 that is my favorite!!

Hivoltage likes this.
  14. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
  15. Charlie_K

Charlie_K

Jul 16, 2012
    I guess I'm kinda lucky. I got my P226 for $500 used because it's an older pre-rail model. Which was just fine by me because I don't really like the rail aesthetics.

16. Monofletch

Jan 14, 2010
    Yeah, I only bought this one because I got the Legion 226 for almost the standard 226 price!!!

17. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Nice guns. My go to handgun for many years was a P220. Sigs are fine handguns, as are Glocks.
    Can’t beat a good S&W revolver either.

jkwithawave likes this.
  18. GB940Rookie

Apr 19, 2016
    As soon as I turned 18 I went to the gun show every year and bought a new handgun. Shot it for a year and usually sold it for what I paid for it and bought another one, sometimes two or three.
    40+ handguns later I’ve pretty much settled in with a few of my favorites. Purchases are much less frequent nowadays. I hardly shoot anything other than my 22s.

AntDog and jkwithawave like this.
  19. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    The shows were good back then (pre-internet). Now the dealers price things for the internet and often don't seem to care if they sell at a show. I haven't purchased a gun in a couple years now. I think my last was the little S&W M63-5 (22). I still have the itch, but I resist. I saw a as-new Kimber (Oregon) 22 rifle at a gun shop and almost bought it.... Gosh was it pretty! I lusted for one of those for years and I ended up getting a Remington 541S. It is a good shooter. Many have followed. And as you can tell, 22's are my thing.

20. GB940Rookie

Apr 19, 2016
    You’re right. I used to get great deals at the the big Dallas shows. There were always three big shows a year. Now I mostly go just go to look around and get some exercise, or at least that’s what I tell my wife:)

Oh man, those Kimbers 22s. Don’t get me started. I found a CZ 452 that gives me MOA out of the box and I’m quite happy with it. My buddy bought one at the same time and his will will outshoot mine all day. Luck of the draw...