1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

I Am Legend

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by Uplander, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Uplander

Uplander

Apr 18, 2007
    Noticed that Wally World has "I Am Legend" in the sale bin. I'd kinda like to pick it up but only if the dog survives. I've hated Walt Disney ever since Old Yeller got killed. What say the Cantinastas???

Uplander

2. TheUSMC2017

TheUSMC2017

Nov 24, 2010
    Are you asking if the dog dies or not?
    I agree, though, I hate how every dog in every Disney movie dies.

3. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Darn good movie, but you wouldnt like it.

4. Mark Schmitt

Mark Schmitt

Oct 5, 1998
    Yep. Don't get it. Good movie, but based on your objection......don't.

5. Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

Jan 28, 2006
    Great movie.

Dog dies.

Like all the other movies based on the book, they get the ending and reason for his name wrong.

6. XanRa

XanRa

Apr 13, 2011
    True Cpl!!

Great movie though(good book too)
    But dog dies:(

7. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Hated the movie because I loved the book.

8. uncouth

uncouth

Nov 26, 2009
    Yeah the ending of the book... so much better.

9. Uplander

Uplander

Apr 18, 2007
    Was afraid that's how it would be. Thanks guys.

Uplander

10. BFH44

BFH44

Nov 3, 2010
    when the dog died i cried so hard and for so long my dogs got worried

11. tedwca

tedwca

Dec 10, 2005
    They actually got it right, but chickened out. Here is the original ending that they redid for the theatrical release. This one is closer to the book and actually touches on what the title REALLY means.

I am Legend ending

12. Zombie Zeke

Zombie Zeke

Nov 26, 2006
    Good movie, not great. Terrible CGI created Vamps...goes away from the EPIC story of the book. Will Smith is a helluva actor.

13. Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

Jan 28, 2006
    I so wish they had used that ending.

14. MarcSpector

MarcSpector

Dec 7, 2010
    The one with Will Smith was pretty good, not great imo... but the original, titled The Omega Man starring Charlton Heston, is a better movie from what I hear, and is supposed to stay more loyal to the book. I've had it on VHS for years now and still haven't watched it... i need a VHS player. :/

15. Chuka

Chuka

Apr 28, 2011
    +1... the book was amazing!

And I didn't care much for the original movie, either. I don't think that was too close to the book either. Nothing can come close to the book.

16. matts14623

matts14623

Jun 25, 2011
    Agreed on the Omega Man. Good film.

17. lonewolf_94

lonewolf_94

May 25, 2010
    Good movie, better book.
    dog dies though.

18. Carolina River Rat

Carolina River Rat

Oct 29, 2008
    You're not the only one, brother. Every time a dog dies in a movie it tears me up. I still refuse to see Marley and Me.

19. Pilot1

Pilot1 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 24, 2005

That's easy. Heston vs. Will Smith? No comparison. Heston always did the sci fi flicks, or just about anything better. It's a remake of a remake, I think The Omega Man was the second iteration, and the best. Loved the submachine gun with the flashlight duct taped to it. :)

20. Uplander

Uplander

Apr 18, 2007
    Just by coincidence, just caught a few minutes of the begining on TNT. May have to invest in a couple boxes of industrial strength kleenex & get the disk. Seems like the movie is never near as good as the book, so I'll watch the movie first then hit the library.
    Another gripe I have is the way all the networks will butcher a movie. Took notes over a time & all of them do 18 minutes of commercials per hour, that means 36 min, over 25%, of a 2 hr movie is cut out.

Uplander