1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

I got an awesome new job!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by MauiRob, Apr 13, 2004.

1. MauiRob

MauiRob Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2000
    Sorry I've been scarce lately but its for a great reason! I got my dream job!! :) I'm the education programs coordinator for a great organization! I get full benefits and awesome hours--Mon-Fri 8-4ish!!!!!! After a year of retail work working every damn weekend and not getting home until 8pm most nights this is fantastic. The people I work for are awesome and I love what I'm doing. I found out that 50 people sent in resumes for this job and I got it! Okay that is about as much shameless bragging as I can do in one year :eek: :D

2. BruiseLeee

BruiseLeee

Sep 7, 2001
    Does that mean you're gonna buy us all gifts?

:D ;)

Congrats on the new job.

MauiRob likes this.
  3. MauiRob

Nov 15, 2000
    Thanks Bruise:) Well, it doesn't pay in the "dream" catagory but it makes me damn happy so that definitely counts for something...as for gifts, I've been saving my belly button lint for sometime now.... ;) :p :D

4. BruiseLeee

BruiseLeee

Sep 7, 2001
    I'll take a pound of that... Paypal sent. :)

5. Nasty

Nasty Chief Cook & Bottle Wash

Nov 11, 2003
    Congrats Rob...Life *is* good, eh?

6. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    When you consider how many people go to work each day hating their job, you have made a big step towards a happy life. Congrats.

7. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 13, 2000
    Congrats. Rob!!! :D Great news. I hope you do well in your new position.
    BTW that belly butonn lint could be used to knit Bruise a new fuzzy sweater! :p

8. MauiRob

Nov 15, 2000
    Many thanks for the congratulations guys :)

You're right! I knew when I saw this job that it had the potential to be great but I didn't actually think I'd get it.

:D Thank you for giving me a better mental picture. I couldn't imagine WHAT he was going to do with a pound of the stuff :eek: :D It would make a lovely turban for going to the bazaar in Saudi....

9. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Congrats Uwinv!!!!:D :cool: :D

10. Semper Fi

Semper Fi

Feb 23, 2002
    Congrats on the new job, Maui!

11. ddean

ddean

Mar 26, 2002
    A job that leaves you feeling fulfilled -- priceless.

12. Jose

Jose

Feb 4, 2004
    Congratulations :) . It is rare these days to find a dream job, on top of that get paid for it, and most important of allÂ… having a good mental health because of it. :D

13. 45-70

45-70

Jul 10, 2003
    As a current "retail guy" all I can say is Congrats!!

14. Josh Feltman

Josh Feltman

Feb 12, 2001
    Great news:D ! a job you actually enjoy is always a good thing.
    --Josh

15. DannyinJapan

DannyinJapan

Oct 9, 2003
    it is an incredible wonderful, thing!

16. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    Good for you, Rob!

munk

17. BillTheCat

BillTheCat

May 21, 2002
    You more than deserve this Rob, best wishes sir :)

18. ferguson

ferguson

Feb 21, 2001
    Man that's great! Congratulations!

Steve

19. Cuttin' Craig

Cuttin' Craig

Jun 9, 2001
    I dunno who said it, but:

" Being able to do what you want is freedom, But Liking what you do is Happiness"

Congrats, Rob!

It took me 10 years of trial and error before I found my niche, so I can relate! Don't be a stranger,Hear?

-Craig

P.S. I don't know if knitting "Burly" Bruise a sweater out of belly-button lint is such a good idea. Folks would likely mistake him for......A BEAR! Oh, No!
    I mentioned the "B" word! (It's just been a while since a bear was in a thread) :D :D :D !

20. ed tank

ed tank

Jan 19, 2003
    Definitely good news, Congrats.