1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

I loathe the smell of oxblood in the morning.....

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by lessismore, Sep 3, 2019.

1. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    "I watched a snail crawl along the edge of an oxblood sheath. This is my dream; this is my nightmare."
    [​IMG]

The Oxblood sheath debate, let's hear it.

I'm all ears, but it's gonna take some convincing......

mitch4ging and Mack like this.
  2. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    If Oxblood were a person....
    [​IMG]

mitch4ging likes this.
  3. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Two questions:

1.Why does this exist?
    &
    2. Why does this exist?

[​IMG]

Melvin-Purvis and mitch4ging like this.
  4. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    I dunno, I've had a few really snazzy pair of shoes in oxblood. One wingtip solid oxblood color, and one glossy leather mottled color oxblood and black.

I don't mind burgundy leather but prefer brown/tan/natural colors more. Black leather too, depending on the knife handle.

lessismore and mitch4ging like this.
  5. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    And then there is BLACK...
    81pPiV6OTFL._SL1500_.jpg

dc50, Pinemoon and lessismore like this.
  6. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    That must be why I don't like it, it's not a natural color.

It's funny because maroon is my favorite color for micarta, just not leather.

Hmmm, maybe that's why I don't tool leather either, never seen a basket weaved cow!

Rupestris likes this.
  7. Melvin-Purvis

Melvin-Purvis Not a Registered User Staff Member Super Mod

Jan 14, 2001
    Step out of your comfort zone - you know, make a oxblood colored sheath, fold your underwear, pick up the ice cube instead of kicking it under the fridge... ;)

Pinemoon, Mack and Rupestris like this.
  8. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    I have.

I saw that giant chicken too.

Melvin-Purvis likes this.
  9. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Everything I make is out of my comfort zone, that's why it takes so long!:eek: As far as folding my under wear goes, one doesn't simply 'fold' banana hammocks. The 5 second rule doesn't apply to ice cubes (Epitaph worthy?).

(You will however be pleased to know that I started this thread after ordering a bottle of the stuff to mess with;))

Little did I know how much gold was in that movie when I watched it!

10. Rupestris

Rupestris Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2006
    One of these days I'm going to work up the nerve to try some peyote. Maybe when I'm old and a burden on society:D. I can trip with the big chicken.

11. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Ha, bring some up in the summertime, I can see us now... "Hey Chris, did you see the size of that Gopher? ...BOOM!"

Rupestris likes this.
  12. gunspease

gunspease Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 9, 2002
    Why wait do it tomorrow

Rupestris likes this.
  13. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    20190904_213727-01.jpeg

:D